Thread: Discharge Diverter For Oneida V3000

Discharge Diverter For Oneida V3000

I have a Oneida V3000 cyclone. It does its job great. My only aggravation is cleaning the final filter. It seems to need cleaning more than I would like, especially if using the wide belt.

Since I live in the country with no close neighbors I would like to by pass the final filter and discharge it outside in the warm months and then run it through the final filter in the winter when the hanging gas furnace is on and I would need to deal with make up air if I was discharging outside.

So my question is has anybody done this, what did you use for a diverter before the filter to control whether you discharge outside or through the filter?

Habitat had some 6" PVC ball valves for about $30.
    Bill D

A metal wye of appropriate size and two blast gates will do the job. Make sure your exterior outlet is screened to prevent critters from entering...personally, I'd also angle it toward the ground for both sound control and to insure no precipitation enters it, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was able to find 2) 6" dryer vent gravity dampers for discharge. A wye and blastgates may end up having significant leakage into your space on discharge applications but duct dampers will have leakage that will remain ducted. So your outside vent may get 5% always.

These are much cheaper not at grainger
    https://www.grainger.com/product/2TF...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I discharge mine to the outside, year round. Mine is in my garage.

Not sure about how you work, but I am not runnning dusty ops for 3 hours at a stretch. It's short enough that turning off the heat (if I had, or needed heat) while doing the couple few ops would not be an issue. So consider if you'd rather just flip the heat off for a few minutes. A nice aside is saving the real estate of that hanging filter.

Having it discharge to the outside is a complete game changer vs when I used to operate the same machine in an enclosed shop. It catches everything, all the time on my bandsaw, jointer, and planer.

I thought I wanted to do the same thing and in fact wired in a switch and contacter so the I could just flip a switch and open up venting one way or the other. The exhaust was like 8-10” pipe. I was looking at using an hvac powered damper. Like you’d use in a dual zone house system. The damper was cheap and I think it operated off of 120V. I the end I just vented outside and have. It really looked back
    Bob C