Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to patch cracks in cement balcony floor

If you get it from Home Depot, keep your receipt handy. I have bought Sika tubes there that were set up in the tube. Also make sure to get the mixing nozzles with the tube. People steal those sometimes. Once again, this stuff is found on the same aisle as the concrete-not with the other caulking, or at least in our store.

Probably need to read the info that comes with the product, but it is an epoxy. I imagine it is paintable after some cure time. Not completely sure though.

Before you decide to use this product, be sure that whatever caused the concrete to crack has been repaired. If the concrete is allowed to move or is unsupported in the future it will likely crack again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Casey1 View Post
    Probably need to read the info that comes with the product, but it is an epoxy. I imagine it is paintable after some cure time. Not completely sure though.
    Strangely, the product info doesn't say anything about being paintable or not. I'll call them.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    If you get it from Home Depot, keep your receipt handy. I have bought Sika tubes there that were set up in the tube. Also make sure to get the mixing nozzles with the tube. People steal those sometimes. Once again, this stuff is found on the same aisle as the concrete-not with the other caulking, or at least in our store.
    Home Depot's website says it is not available, and no mention of it becoming available. Some Amazon it is. Sad.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Casey1 View Post
    Well I cant see your pictures because I am not a contributor, but I work in the concrete field on the west coast. From your explanation, sounds like you need something like Sikadur 32 Hi-Mod LPL or similar. Probably not getting it at Home Depot, but you should be able to get it at a local construction supply house like White Cap or something similar. Just follow the directions on the package, not hard to do and should last a very long time.
    Looked online for it on WhiteCap. They do have it, but shipping charge was ~$50 from Sarasota, which was nuts. So I drove to the nearest WhiteCap store, as they said I had to pay for it in advance. When I got there, they told me it would still be $50 shipping cost and they would ship it to my home anyway. So I went home after that wasted trip, and ordered it on Amazon for $22 shipping cost. Crazy. You try to support a local business, and then this...