Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project: Table Top for Porch

Whelp...we can call this project completed. I did end up leveling the finish with 800 and 1200 and then buffing it out to get a more or less even sheen. I'm largely happy with the end result for sure. Unbelievably, the color turned out to be a spot-on match for the reclaimed d-fir base which actually has multiple hues just do to its nature.

IMG_5017.jpg IMG_5018.jpg

Of course, now we need to deal with finding appropriate chairs...and no, I am not going to make them. We also do not want to do the bench thing for personal preferences. At any rate, we now have seating for eight-plus!

To cap things off, yea...I cleaned the shop up a bit today, too. There was even a floor under all those sawdust and chip-drifts!!

IMG_5019.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, I really like the finished table. Nice size and a touch of rustic with a touch of class!

Thanks, Mark. I'm really pleased with the end result...it looks much better than I expected, honestly. We're looking forward to the first meal on that big old flat thing! (No more buggering elbows on the wire mesh patio table going forward. LOL)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...