Thread: FS - LN 140 Bronze Skew Block Plane

FS - LN 140 Bronze Skew Block Plane

It goes without saying that these are not easy to find and not cheap. In fairness, though presently unavailable at LN (they are experiencing an extended delay), the listed retail is $385, plus shipping and tax. So, a new one delivered would be close to $425 if the price doesn't increase.

Presently, on eBay the cheapest is $435 minimum bid and there are 31 watchers. The others go up from there. The plane being offered here is in much better condition than the $435 plane. Sold prices range from $350/375 to ridiculous, depending on the day of the week, the condition, and how many folks are craving one.

In any event, this one is in excellent condition. The blade is sharp, but not sharp enough to get good performance, so it needs to be lightly honed. The bevel is good. No nicker, no box, no paperwork.

Price is $345, plus shipping. IF THEY EVER BECOME AVAILABLE at LN, that is probably $70 cheaper than a new one and certainly cheaper than you can buy one on eBay. Payment via Zelle or personal check.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	502228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	502227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-3.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	502229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140-4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	502230  

Left click my name for homepage link.

$335 shipped!

No more price reductions. This plane is already priced well below what a new one will cost if and when they become available.

From Thomas Lie-Nielsen - "We are very much aware of the fact that many of our customers miss our Bronze tools, like the No. 4. So do we. During the pandemic our long-time supplier of larger Bronze castings became unable to fulfill our requirements, a situation which now is clear will not change. Meanwhile, other Bronze foundries are too busy to help us, so we are working on a solution that we believe will bear fruit. Among other things, we need to re-tool every casting pattern plate, install new equipment to handle operations the previous foundry provided and get the casting process worked out to our satisfaction."

The 140 is neither in Core Tools nor Core 2 tools. I suspect there will be a lot of catch up on the other bronze planes and parts before this plane is produced again. If the absence of a nicker concerns you my understanding is that LN will install one in this plane for you.

If this one doesn't appeal to you, then you may want to consider joining the fray on eBay!

You are correct on the nicker, John. I called to ask about adding it sometime back and was told that it could be done. I didn’t move forward on the mod and the problem has been solved for me as my 140 has disappeared in our recent move. Hoping it surfaces, but fear the worst.

Bump to the top!

Sale is pending.

John, did LN quote you a price on the knicker addition?

Plane is sold. I did not get a quote from LN.