Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm at that stage in life....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    I've got a few dozen #1 pencils squirreled away, just have to remember where.

jtk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Well Jim, the second thing to go is the mind……Regards, Rod
    I think they are in a hidden drawer and I'm pretty sure where that is hid.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Over the years, I haven't noticed that female docs nag any more or less than male docs.
    But they do have smaller fingers.
    Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read on SMC. And that's saying something.

Ok - just to clarify it....

Being old sucks..
    Getting old was a blast!

My wife retired from Summit Count Ohio Developmental Disabilities. Prior to being called Summit County DD they were called Summit County Mental Retardation and Disabilities.
    Somebody in Columbus decided one day that the word "Retardation" was offensive - so - the name was changed.

The agency threw out tens of thousands of pencils with the old name. My wife rescued a few thousand only after she promised to scrape the old name off.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by mike calabrese View Post
    I don't go to lady doctors I get enough nagggggggging from my wife.
    Seriously though it gets me how some doctors who spend maybe 30 minutes in your life once or twice a year can give you orders and charge you for the information about the healthy things that we know we should be doing anyway and choose to ignore even on the way to see the doctor.
    calabrese55
    I have a routine conversation with mine every six months when she obsesses about my calcium level being "High Normal". I always tell her, that where I went to medical school, they had another word for "High Normal". We call it NORMAL.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Ok - just to clarify it....

Being old sucks..
    Getting old was a blast!

My wife retired from Summit Count Ohio Developmental Disabilities. Prior to being called Summit County DD they were called Summit County Mental Retardation and Disabilities.
    Somebody in Columbus decided one day that the word "Retardation" was offensive - so - the name was changed.

The agency threw out tens of thousands of pencils with the old name. My wife rescued a few thousand only after she promised to scrape the old name off.

George Carlin had this all figured out long ago and he nailed it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25I2fzFGoY
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks;[URL="tel:3259117"
    3259117[/URL]]Ask your “subjects “ to sing “ God Save The King Guy”
    Wait. . . Isn’t it God Save the Cyborg?

I still tell that story and laugh.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 06-06-2023 at 10:23 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by mike calabrese View Post
    I don't go to lady doctors I get enough nagggggggging from my wife.
    Seriously though it gets me how some doctors who spend maybe 30 minutes in your life once or twice a year can give you orders and charge you for the information about the healthy things that we know we should be doing anyway and choose to ignore even on the way to see the doctor.
    calabrese55
    When I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 3 years ago in Indiana I had a male Dr who was a complete moron: indifferent, impatient and always seemed like me having cancer was an inconvenience for him. When we moved to Illinois 6 months ago I found a female oncologist who is absolutely wonderful. Only drawback is that she is always late for the appointment because she is taking the time to talk to her other patients with the same concern and patience she is going to show to me. So I'm good with that. And I actually got her to admit - albeit grudgingly, and with a small laugh - that smoking cigars was probably not going to kill me.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    There are some great doctors out there but they are hard to find and even harder to see . I eventually found one locally 3 years ago but have yet to see him, never seem to past his PA's. I guess simply because he is very busy and so far, knock on wood, my ailments are pretty rudimentary.
    I don't blame the doctors but highly suspect the insurance companies are changing the landscape.
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart