Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loading a 14” bandsaw into a semi-trailer

This may or may not apply here, but I've found this to be very handy- compact, easy to store, raises & lowers well, supposedly tested. Gone up in price but still worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Anbull-Storag...s%2C110&sr=8-3

I was thinking of an engine hoist

Hi all,

I wanted to thank everyone for the helpful thoughts, advice, and potential solutions. I also wanted to close the loop on this thread. The bandsaw in question was safely loaded, travelled 900 miles, and safely unloaded this evening. The short of the long is that it can be done. It took two people to move it from the basement workshop and load it into the truck. The most difficult part of loading was navigating the steps up outside of the walk out garage. That simply took some muscle power, but luckily it was only three steps. For those that suggested a furniture hand truck/dolly, that would have made things even easier. Unfortunately, the furniture dolly was a tad too wide for the ramp - not something I expected so we had to switch to the regular hand truck for loading.

Unloading with one moderately capable human was surprisingly uneventful. I removed the base, strapped the machine to the hand truck, and simply rolled it down the ramp. I kept it low and went slow. Luckily, I had just enough rear end…err counterweight to control it.

Blog Entries
    Simple answer....take it apart and move the pieces. It is less likely to be damaged if moved in parts rather than whole and standing up.

I brought my 14" Delta band saw home in the trunk of my car. It was brand new and disassembled in a box. The box wouldn't fit so we removed all the pieces from the box and placed them in the trunk one at a time. I was able to carry all the pieces into my shop by myself. Assembly was easy.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute