Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

29 May 2023

Greetings,
    Happy Memorial Day - However today isn't "happy" for me as I pause to remember my brothers and sisters of the armed forces that didn't make it home to family. My heart is heavy but also grateful for their service to our country.
    A bit of woodworking, yard cleaning, tree pruning, and out-of-state family visiting this weekend. I need to find me about 2 more people to help me move 2 machines from a buddy of mine's shop to my shop. I never dreamed that it would be so difficult to find paid help these days. I guess that's another story/struggle.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis, I hope your time with your family visitors was refreshing.

It was another week that not a whole lot of stuff got done, but I did manage to finally deal with the final grading away of a big pile of dirt next to the new shop building and get that seeded. Of course...zero rain in the forecast and we only had a quarter inch of rain for the entire month of May. First half of June is currently looking to be the same, but hotter. I also helped my daughter and her SO with some pre-travel prep for their new teardrop camping trailer...little things to make it their own as well as cleaning multiple small tents that came with it. Lastly, there were multiple opportunities to start socializing Oliver, our new puppy, including a nice barbecue with close friends yesterday for the Memorial Day holiday. He even got to go in the pool there. (sorta willingly, but with, um...encouragement LOL)

This week I'd like to get started dealing with the walnut, ash and spruce lumber and slabs that have been air drying out back. Some will go into the storage tent and some will move into the shop. I plan on using some of the spruce for a table top that will be in the three season porch and live on top of the base I had made years ago for the kitchen table at the hold house. The cherry top that was on that is now my desk. The new top will be a bit larger so that it can seat about eight humans for outside eating and entertaining.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My Memorial Day, as a Canadian, is as intensive as yours. While I never served, I see my sons and daughters as the beneficiaries of sacrifices of their parents and grandparents. Bless those who went to serve.
    My major accomplishment was getting cured of pneumonia at my local hospital and finally being released after only 4 days of intensive therapy with every antibiotic known to mankind. Don’t let anyone tell you Canadian medicine is anything other than first class.
    Today while I rest up, I’m awaiting the delivery of my new Harvey 14” bandsaw. I won’t unpack and commission it for a week or so, but really looking forward to doing some veneering.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Daughter came to visit. Played baseball with grandkids- delayed soreness still coming on.

More lumber processing, organized the lumber rack.

IMG_4192.jpg