Thread: Steve Voigt planes

Steve Voigt planes

Is Steve still making his double iron wood planes? His website does not list any for sale.

Yes, you have to put down a deposit and then wait until they’re built. I have two and am waiting for delivery of a Jack plane pretty soon. Well worth the wait.

jon

Steve’s planes are second to none of current plane builders, definitely worth the wait. If you happen to get in the queue for something he’s making, the wait could be shorter, just all depends. Definitely contact him via email.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    Is Steve still making his double iron wood planes? His website does not list any for sale.
    Hey Mark, I'm alive and well and making planes. Click on "how to order" on my home page for info on deposits, wait times, etc, or shoot me an email if you have any questions. I post semi-regularly on Instagram (I've been a little lax lately) and you can see lots of pics of recent work.
    "For me, chairs and chairmaking are a means to an end. My real goal is to spend my days in a quiet, dustless shop doing hand work on an object that is beautiful, useful and fun to make." --Peter Galbert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Voigt View Post
    Hey Mark, I'm alive and well and making planes. Click on "how to order" on my home page for info on deposits, wait times, etc, or shoot me an email if you have any questions. I post semi-regularly on Instagram (I've been a little lax lately) and you can see lots of pics of recent work.
    Thanks Steve!!

Blog Entries
    I've built lot's of my own planes but Steve's Jack plane is still my go to for surfacing glued up panels; glides over work surface, easy to adjust blade perfectly and clears shavings beautifully- 5 stars highly recommended. Even if you're planning on making your own plane, consider getting one of Steve's as great example/model of what you're trying to do.