Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double sided tape

Double sided tape

Is there a particular type or brand of tape that works well for you in the shop? Over the years I’ve purchased what was on the shelf with predictable results, those being hit or miss. It can be kinda hairy when one lets loose.

I use this one. Others were too sticky or too thick/cushion-y.

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-392907-I.../dp/B000BO4QZ0
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Just read the label and don’t buy anything that says ‘good for scrap books’. For on line search ,ask for “high strength “.
    Try “double faced high strength stuff that will make your pants stick to ‘copter seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    This is the stuff I like also.

I have at least 5 different types of double sided tape.
    All have different applications. If your just using one type for everything that’s called universal that means it does quite fit anything.
    Good Luck
    Aj

I buy carpet tape from Amazon...it's very sticky and stays stuck. Sometimes I use the painter's tape and superglue method which can be very effective, too, and not as hard to peel away after the need is no longer there to keep something in place.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    This is the stuff I like also.
    I've tied several and this stuff is sticky, easy to apply, not too thick or squishy and leaves zero residue no matter the species of wood I've used.

Jack, I tried a few before settling on this stuff from Taylor Tools. Works great for template routing and you can vary the hold based on how much you use and how hard you press it down.

https://taytools.com/products/double-sided-tape

I've been using double sided tape for 25 years and have now switched to the painters tape and superglue method. It is far easier to remove with no residue left on the workpiece.

PCG

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    I use this one. Others were too sticky or too thick/cushion-y.

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-392907-I.../dp/B000BO4QZ0
    I use this, in fact I have a roll in the shop right now. Another one I've used in an extreme stick-it or else situation, I used Alien Tape. Not the easiest to get off but it definitely held better than anything else I've ever tried.

I prefer the Spectape that Josh indicated. It holds well for my purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Okonieski View Post
    I prefer the Spectape that Josh indicated. It holds well for my purpose.
    I also prefer Spectape over the XFasten tape. Seems to hold better and longer. Having said that, the Spectape I recently purchased does not seem to hold as well as Spectape ("Turners Tape") I bought several years ago at Woodcraft.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I have found no better double-backed tape than this. https://www.amazon.com/Polyken-NAT33.../dp/B000QE9CA4
    It is made to hold carpet down to concrete at trade shows. A little dab will do ya.