Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double sided tape

For permanent or semi-permanent installation 3M likely has a tape that will work well. For tempory or templates I've pretty much stay with a good painters tape and super glue. It rarely damages the surface and is fairly easy to remove.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    as mentioned above this stuff is pretty good
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Blog Entries
    What is the superglue + painter tape method? Painter tape both pieces and superglue in the middle of the two tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    What is the superglue + painter tape method? Painter tape both pieces and superglue in the middle of the two tapes?
    Essentially, yes. Put the tape on both pieces and burnish it down...many folks just used the bottom of the CA bottle for that. Put a bead of medium CA down the middle of the tape on one piece, hit the tape on the other piece with accelerator and carefully put them together. It will be very secure but you can carefully pry things apart after the template work or other operations are completed. There is very good lateral support with this method and no sticky residue. Use the blue or beige painters' tape for this.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    Yep, pretty much. Dab glue on one side and spray activator on the other, press and count to 10. It's a common CNC trick for those that don't like to use clamps. I'm not the biggest fan of the process, but it does work and it is easy to clean up. I prefer the tape I linked, which is also easy to clean up and doesn't leave residue or pull up wood fibers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    That's mine too. I do a lot of template work. Virtually no shift with this tape. Reliable, repeatable, great grip, just make sure you take the pieces apart right away. If left for very long it will pull fibers when separating.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler