Thread: FS - Two Cherries Inshave

FS - Two Cherries Inshave

While these inshaves are notorious for coming from the factory with deep mill marks requiring hours of work to produce a working edge, when that task is accomplished they have excellent metal and are a very workable tool. That was the condition of this one when I acquired it some time ago. However, all of that work has been done as well as the rough unfinished handles being sanded, dyed a nice color and the recipient of 2-3 coats of poly.

New they are $134, plus shipping and tax, and about 4 hours of work. This one is $130, no shipping, no tax and no work! Personal check or Zelle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9620.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	501859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9622.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	501860  

Left click my name for homepage link.

Unless you want to wait several months for one from Grell or Avery (both in the $300 range) there are only two contemporary inshave makers of which I am aware - Two Cherries and Iles, I have owned and used an Iles and prefer the Two Cherries. I do own a Barr scorp, which is a different animal as scorps have a round profile and leave more pronounced tool marks. I do use the Barr and like it, but the inshave has a flatter profile and takes a wider cut leaving fewer and more shallow tool marks. Nearly all the “vintage” ones on eBay are beyond restoration or have the wrong profile for chair work.

I have been on the Avery list for about 6 months and should receive mine in the next week or so. That is the reason this inshave is being sold. I would note that the Avery and the Grell both have profiles very similar to the Two Cherries.

Price drop to $120 shipped.

In for a penny in for many pennies. I’ll have this one

Sold to Doug!!!