Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low friction plastic in shooting board

Blog Entries
    10 is nothing special.

jtk

Hint: hit return and type in spaces. Spaces on a separate line count as characters if you hit return at the end of the line.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I was thinking to myself, as I used this jointing shooting board this past weekend, that the planing was effortless. Just wax, a well-fitted support for the plane on the runway, and a heavy shooting plane for momentum …

With a mitre attachment, it shoots perfect mitres as well ..

Mostly I use this one, which is iron-on-iron. Wax is necessary …

Regards from Perth

Derek

Blog Entries
    Delrin or UHMW will both work and last a long time. Both can be machined with wood working tools. UHMW tape works well for many applications in the shop to make thing slide easier. It lasts longer than an application of wax. I used UHMW tape on the side of my miter bar to eliminate all the side to side movement while letting it slide easily in the slot. If it gets damaged or wears out, it is easily reapplied.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Formica is pretty slick too.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    10 is nothing special.

jtk

Hint: hit return and type in spaces. Spaces on a separate line count as characters if you hit return at the end of the line.

Good to know...