Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galvanized steel pails

I use some garden hose slit lengthwise.
    make sure it is hot dipped galvanised not elctroplated.
    You may have better luck looking for stainless steel
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    There are 2 Leman's in Amjsh country they are the same company but the bigger one in Kidron is now a tourst trap. The one in Mt Hope still deals with the Amish.
    We will be passing through soon I will keep Mt. Hope in mind for a rest stop. We want a windmill and deep well pump for the farm, as well a chain pump for the cistern. It is easy to get feeling nostalgic when looking at the Lehman's catalogue. I have their Hot Water From Your Wood Stove publication. Following through with that project is on my galvanized bucket list.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 05-24-2023 at 6:05 PM.

I use bucket handles which snap on the wire handle or as a replacement when the original plastic ones crack.

https://xeroproducts.com/products/xe...xoCTCwQAvD_BwE
    Regards,

Tom

More good ideas ... thanks all
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    We will be passing through soon I will keep Mt. Hope in mind for a rest stop. We want a windmill and deep well pump for the farm, as well a chain pump for the cistern. It is easy to get feeling nostalgic when looking at the Lehman's catalogue. I have their Hot Water From Your Wood Stove publication. Following through with that project is on my galvanized bucket list.
    You will have to go to Keim lumber in Charm just to see the tools and exotic woods and great prices

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    You will have to go to Keim lumber in Charm just to see the tools and exotic woods and great prices
    Thanks for the lead, That looks like quite a store. Youngstown is our halfway point. It would be a neat area for a day off from driving. Miss wants to walk on the tow path near Boston OH on her way to Boston MA. I get such tunnel vision for getting the drive over that I don't want to stop. Last time we made the trek was 2017. Coincidentally we scored an antique galvanized bucket from the ruins of Great Aunts summer camp on that trip.
    Best Regards, Maurice

For a lot of the basics and good quality you might check out Lehman’s.

The first place I would look is at a good farm supply store. Often they carry higher quality items.

Tractor Supply, Agrisupply and Rural King stores should all carry them. Probably Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware too.

I zinc so many speakers have galvanized their audiences that the amount of good pails now available , pales compared to years ago.
    And those Wizard Of Oz plays ain’t helping anything !

If you have time on your hands, that whole area of Northeast Ohio is home to some of the finest and most beautiful farm country you'll ever see.

Not too far off I71 in the Southwest part of the state is Wright Patterson AFB and the home of the Air Force Museum. It is a magnificent attraction and well worth a visit.

Excuse my Buckeye pride.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Mom and Dad spent the year following their marriage in Hershey, PA. They still wax on, glossy eyed, about that year! We spent a summer in downtown Cleveland, in the port, in-between Chinese ships. One loading scrap and another unloading steel coil. I am ready for a better view! I love to read about the Wright Brothers and have Dayton on the bucket list as well.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Mom and Dad spent the year following their marriage in Hershey, PA. They still wax on, glossy eyed, about that year! We spent a summer in downtown Cleveland, in the port, in-between Chinese ships. One loading scrap and another unloading steel coil. I am ready for a better view! I love to read about the Wright Brothers and have Dayton on the bucket list as well.
    The Neil Armstrong museum is just up the road from Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    If you have time on your hands, that whole area of Northeast Ohio is home to some of the finest and most beautiful farm country you'll ever see.

Not too far off I71 in the Southwest part of the state is Wright Patterson AFB and the home of the Air Force Museum. It is a magnificent attraction and well worth a visit.

Excuse my Buckeye pride.
    I-75 or I-70 actually. Well worth the visit. Truly impressive.

The Armstrong Air and Space Museum is in Wapakoneta, OH, about an hour North on I-75.

My old stomping grounds. Spent a good deal of time at Wright-Pat, and mainly at my hospital teaching the Air Force CRNA residents.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    One of my clients passes along his Air Force Magazines. It is interesting to see that they have become Air & Space Force magazines. Thinking about Buckeye pride, I enjoyed the article on Captan Eddie Rickenbacker. These are great leads. We will need to plan a more leisurely trip in the near future.
    Best Regards, Maurice