Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar pathway lighting

The lights that Edward linked to were delivered yesterday & installed. They look like quality pieces and put out a fair amount of light. Time will tell how long they will last.
    Fingers crossed
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

As some of us mentioned, the only issue is the solar cell getting cloudy after a few years of continuous exposure.
    Cheap ones only seem to last a single season.
    On the ones I linked to, I was able to use plastic cleaner, the kind for refreshing headlights, to clean up the the clarity a little and they look a bit nicer.

I have a type of wall mounted lights (like these) that the cell clouded over/failed to work. I was able to find new inserts for them on Amazon. A lot less expensive than the entire light fixture, not to mention the removal and installation.

I hope they work out for you Bruce.

Thanks Edward. Just from the looks of them I’m sure they will be a big improvement over what I’ve bought before.

I have several of these in the backyard that have been surprisingly reliable for ~3 years now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I polish out the solar panels once/twice a year with Novus plastic polish, it makes them look new in just a couple of minutes. At 5700 feet, the New Mexico UV can be brutal on plastics.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney