- 2 stationary belt sanders
    - 5 routers
    - 2 belt sanders
    - blower
    - various cordless drills & impact drivers

A few planes and chisels as well..

5 routers ?

That's impressive & ambitious!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Were you building anything or just making sawdust?

5 routers sounds like something I would do.
    I have learned recently that you can change bits on them

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    You mean I am supposed to change bits instead of picking up a different router, DON'T TELL MY WIFE
    Ron

Heh.

I have trim routers set up with dedicated, mostly round over bits, so I used 1/8", 5/32", 3/16" round overs,& small 45˚ chamfer.
    Also let in a hinge, & routed slot with small router table. Only had to change one bit. 6 or 7 more didn't get used.

I'm making a number of benches, some from construction lumber, so mostly stock prep, also made taper jig (other thread).

IMG_4096.jpegIMG_4177.jpgIMG_4178.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Were you building anything or just making sawdust?
    No - he's making Cameron wooddust
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    Back when i was installing CVS stores I had 6 dewalt drills all with a different bit still had to change every now and then. My worker also had 5 drills plus one of every thing else that I had all belonging to me. We could install the fixture in 100 man hours vs evryone else at 120 to 160

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Back when i was installing CVS stores I had 6 dewalt drills all with a different bit still had to change every now and then. My worker also had 5 drills plus one of every thing else that I had all belonging to me. We could install the fixture in 100 man hours vs evryone else at 120 to 160
    I have three each drills & impact drivers in the shop. Don't really need that many but they accumulate. #2 phillips, #3 phillips or #25 Torx, & whatever. Way easier to change the bit than a router 'tho

Was stymied on the job last week for lack of a #10 Torx bit. I carry literally a dozen tips in my pocket including #20, #25, #30 Torx, & have #15 & #40 in the truck, that's not enough, apparently.

I knew a helper I had once was a keeper when he started keeping driver bits in his pocket. I was taken aback the first time I called for one and he pulled it out of his pocket.

Now that I don't have helpers, I keep driver bits in this in the truck. It's not as cheap as many, but it's very secure in that it won't come open on its own and spill them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

5 or 6 routers is not many. I keep way more than that dedicated to specific jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I knew a helper I had once was a keeper when he started keeping driver bits in his pocket. I was taken aback the first time I called for one and he pulled it out of his pocket.

Now that I don't have helpers, I keep driver bits in this in the truck. It's not as cheap as many, but it's very secure in that it won't come open on its own and spill them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

5 or 6 routers is not many. I keep way more than that dedicated to specific jobs.

Here's my coin purse & bits. Several are MIA. In the truck are the whole range in magnetic holders, and a box of tips. Had to thin that out recently as there were maybe over a pound.

IMG_4181.jpeg