Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cataract Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Aaron:

Good luck with your surgery. From an anesthesia standpoint it is very boring surgery. Which is about the biggest complement I can give. We love boring.

You'll do fine.
    Very true Alan, I wasn’t even aware it had happened until the surgeon removed my mask and said “: You can sit up now”

Regards, Rod

Hi Jeff, no we didn’t talk about cataracts, my optometrist hadn’t mentioned them yet.

I
    Diann is still putting my eye drops in, another couple of weeks of that to go, then restart for the right eye a week later……Regards, Rod

I had an aversion to putting in the drops but after a couple of days thought I should be able to do it so I mastered the task.

I was the fastest, and last, patient for the day when I had mine done. IIRC, the surgeon said "just under 5 minutes" fastest one today." Not sure what the start and finish points were in the timing but I didn't take long once they wheeled me in to the room.

I use saline eye drops because of dry eye, so I almost don't have to think about that...it just happens. When I had my surgeries, the eye drops required before and after were no issues.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I am planning on having cataract surgery mid-summer. I want one eye in distance and one eye close.

Like you Mike, I was 20 last century!
    Ken, I had LASIK about 20 years ago (am 70ish). I had one eye done closer, one infinity. As I aged, I needed reading glasses. Having non-symmetrical eyes kind of makes getting cheaper readers problematic. Yes, eyes adjust, sort of. Still annoying. I should have gone symmetrical and gone to progressive glasses from the start.
    -=-=Vytas

Quote Originally Posted by Vytas Miknaitis View Post
    Ken, I had LASIK about 20 years ago (am 70ish). I had one eye done closer, one infinity. As I aged, I needed reading glasses. Having non-symmetrical eyes kind of makes getting cheaper readers problematic. Yes, eyes adjust, sort of. Still annoying. I should have gone symmetrical and gone to progressive glasses from the start.
    -=-=Vytas
    Pop out the lens that you don't need (pop it out of the glasses, not your eye )
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”