Thread: Price of ply

Price of ply

I looking over prices of marine plywood in hopes of building a new boat. That said, I'm staggered by the numbers. While I'm picking a boat design that is very basic, not requiring a lot of pricey pieces in regards of materials, the overall cost is halting my plans to move on. I have Conrad Natzio's of the UK plans, things don't get much more basic although I don't envision building at a modest cost. Has anyone built using his plans before? Any suggestions on material substitutions?

I've decided to hold off on building a boat with ply. Too expensive for materials at this time and see no real options otherwise.
    Thanks regardless to those that contacted me with pricing in their area.
    Mac

Specifically, what size plywood are you looking and where you? I might be able to help. I have some teak and afromisa ply in various thickness.
    Mostly 1/2, 1/4 & some 1/8 and 3/4. Mostly 4X8 sheets. Some 1/4" afromisa and maple stripped.
    This was originally made by a local plywood company(no longer in business) for Hatteras Yacht. I'm in triad NC, not really interested in shipping.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Thanks for the offer although I'm up in Michigan.