Thread: Orginal Trend airshield knob replacement

Orginal Trend airshield knob replacement

I have lost one of the knobs which are located on the side of the black section on the Airshield

Does any one know what is the thread size so I can purchase a replacement Trend no longer provides this replacement part

Cannot help with the thread size but in this country the home centers all have thread checkers. You might check your local store.

I do a lot of tinkering and repairing and often could not take whatever I was working on to the store. Finally ended up buying a set of thread checkers, both imperial and metric in the sizes most common for what I do. The set was not cheap but the convenience of knowing the thread and pitch before I head to the store far outweighs the cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a set of common sizes of imperial and metric taps and dies which come in very handy as a thread checker as well as their intended use.
    Last edited by Bill Howatt; 05-19-2023 at 9:54 AM.

I have found the knob
    I think i must be getting old I emptied out the three bags I take to the woodturning club hands on days several times and could not locate the knob Then I picked up the empty bag the Airshield was stored in and it fell out

Given my experience and that I'm pushing towards the 8th decade, I'd say it may well be because you are getting old. But now that I dive into the depths of my aged memory, I seem to recall such experiences happening at a much younger age too!
    Glad you found it.

The issue with loosing th knob was caused by not being careful and methodical

When the knob fell off the Airshield I placed it in the Airshield bag I should have simply screwed it back on the mask

A lesson learned or to be honest relearned