Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 107 years and 1 month

107 years and 1 month

is the final number. My Mom, that some of you know Pam and I have been caring for at our home for the last three years, didn't wake up this morning. She never needed much medical care, such as never even needing oxygen, and was mostly clear headed through her last day yesterday. She simply didn't wake up this morning, and left with her eyes shut in her sleep. Few are any luckier than that, so there are only thanks, and no complaints.

I know some of you knew about her, so I thought I should pass the news on.

A few of you are waiting for me to do something for you, but it will take me a little longer. We've had a busy day, and I expect there will be several more.

Very sorry for your loss Tom.

My condolences Tom.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sorry for your loss Tom. My mother went the same way several years ago at 99. I've always considered that to be a blessing.

Tom , We have been fortunate to read about her ,and are moved by the united effort of you and your wife to be dedicated to loving
    care for your Mom. All is as it should be. Well done. We won’t forget this story.

Tom, please accept my condolences. Your mother lived a long life and was blessed with a peaceful passing. We should all be so blessed.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    My condolences Tom. My dad would have been 107 last month so, if my math is right, your mom and him were both from April, 1916.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I'm sorry Tom.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

So very sorry to hear this Tom. What a long amazing life! Accept my condolences please. A peaceful passing is all any of us can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My condolences Tom. My dad would have been 107 last month so, if my math is right, your mom and him were both from April, 1916.

jtk
    Yes. They both lived through the first Pandemic when they were 2 years old. She never was sick her whole life, so I thought maybe she had some protection by exposure to the Flu Pandemic then. One in her household and other neighbors were lost to that Spanish Flu, so she must have been exposed to it.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 05-18-2023 at 8:34 AM.

My condolences Tom. That is about as perfect a scenario as I can imagine when it comes time for us to check out. I can only hope I and all of you can leave that way.

Blog Entries
    Very Sad hear. Sorry for your loss. Your posts about Her have been inspiring.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Tom, I'm sad for your loss while at the same time smiling at 107 years and 1 month. She was blessed to have that much time with you!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I am very sorry to hear of your loss Tom. I agree with Jim, 107 years and 1 month is quite a blessing.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Sorry to hear about your loss Tom, your Mom was blessed to see so much of life.