Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Apple Watch

Tom , glad she liked it ! You didn’t have to suffer the fate of the guy in the old TV commercial who gave his wife a watch ,then heard
    her say “ It’s nice …but I was hoping for a LONGINES”

I guess there is more to the learning curve than according to plan. She was playing with the dogs, and the watch called 911. She had to give the address so they could cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I guess there is more to the learning curve than according to plan. She was playing with the dogs, and the watch called 911. She had to give the address so they could cancel it.
    I had that happen with the iPhone years ago, ironically when I was out cutting up trees with a chainsaw and had to adjust the configuration in Settings...same for the Watch. It's a good feature but you have to set things up so that it's "harder" to make happen.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have mixed feelings about the SOS feature. I've had it go off unexpectedly a few times. You can cancel it if you catch it in time.
    Like all modern digital things, there's a learning curve to it. My daughter bought us several WiFi led light bulbs last X-Mas. Truth be told, they are more trouble than they are worth.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I am a cell phone hater most probably due to having to carry two of the things in my last job. Mine lives in the console of my car and serves one purpose and that is to call someone if the car fails to proceed as it should. They are wonderful things for those in business and for the profoundly deaf text messaging must be a gift from god.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening