Thread: Accuride Slide installation

Accuride Slide installation

Uncharacteristically I decided to read the instructions attached and see that under "Install drawer member" item 3 the drawing shows the part of the slide attached to the drawer is shown mounted 11/16" back from the rear of the drawer front resulting it seems to me in the drawer having an 11/16" gap between the rear of the front and the cabinet when closed. I must be missing something here. Full disclosure I've installed a few of the slides previously w/o the 11/16 gap. I'd appreciate being schooled on, as I said, what I'm missing.
    Thanks
    Robert

What model of slide? Under or side mount? Post some pictures.

Having trouble not only reading the drawing but posting attachemnts

Attached Files Attached Files

I think I'm figuring this out.

accuride slide installation.jpg

I think that’s a typo - nearly 3/4 of an inch gap makes no sense to me.

1/16” on the other hand…….

Never used the 3932, but the drawer and case members typically close flush or nearly so. A 1/16" setback would give that much clearance for overlay drawer fronts. A mockup is never a bad idea.

Hey man I can't figure it out because I don't have access to the PDF

Misprint, should be 1/16" makes good sense to me.
    Thanks

A simple typo very well may be the answer.
    It bugged me though that the typo is listed in both imperial and metric.

I contacted Accuride support and asked them about it. Maybe they will confirm it's just a typo.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M Richardson View Post
    Misprint, should be 1/16" makes good sense to me.
    Thanks
    100%, makes no sense that it would be any more than that. I've used these exact brand of slides and, ahem, didn't read the instructions and used about 1/16" or less and it worked fine. Really I always test the slides to see how far back they retract when closed before mounting. Based on where that tab ends up, that tells me how much gap to use. If it's flush, I use 1/16", if it's below, say 1/16", then I mount the tab flush to the drawer front.

Well,,that was quick..

"
    XXXXX (Accuride International)
    May 15, 2023, 10:39 PDT
    Hi Richard,

Hope you are doing well today.

Model
    Seems to be that the specification is wrong, it should be 1/8'' set back.
    Thank you,
    Accuride Web Support Team
    www.accuride.com
    562-526-1210

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

If you notice a discrepancy in the instructions where the drawer slide is shown mounted 11/16" back from the rear of the drawer front, resulting in a gap when closed, it's best to contact the manufacturer or their customer support for clarification. There may be an error in the instructions or a misunderstanding. They can provide you with the correct information or guide you through the installation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Ramirez View Post
    If you notice a discrepancy in the instructions where the drawer slide is shown mounted 11/16" back from the rear of the drawer front, resulting in a gap when closed, it's best to contact the manufacturer or their customer support for clarification. There may be an error in the instructions or a misunderstanding. They can provide you with the correct information or guide you through the installation process.
    See my post right before yours. I asked Accuride support about it.