Thread: Swapping drill motor on a Porter cable 552 production pocket cutter?

Swapping drill motor on a Porter cable 552 production pocket cutter?

Has anyone swapped a 552 drill motor? I purchased a 552 today that came without a drill motor. I have a few, basically new, 7310s. Problem I’m having is the cord comes right out the back and interferes with the mounting. i was able to mount it but the cord interferes with the return motion.

When swapping out a small drill motor is there any modifications I need to mark?
    Last edited by Matt Feemoso; 05-14-2023 at 1:03 PM.

You sure had me confused with the title, but Google showed me it was a pocket hole machine. There is no way to rotate the trim router motor in the mount?

Sorry, I’m not great with words. Can’t rotate the motor because it’s mounted with a screw that is tapped into the laminate trimmer. I am modify the cord but was wondering if I was just missing something.
    Last edited by Matt Feemoso; 05-14-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Feemoso View Post
    Sorry, I’m not great with words. Can’t rotate the motor because it’s mounted with a screw that is tapped into the laminate trimmer. I am modify the cord but was wondering if I was just missing something.
    I've had the drill router out to rebuild it, and don't recall any interference from the cord.