Thread: Best weather app

Best weather app

Best weather app for android phones these days. I do not care about disaster warnings. No tornadoes or blizzards here. Old phone had accuweather. Can not figure out the new improved version to add locations or list possible locations. Too many warnings about stuff 1,000 miles away.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    I use RadarX, you can add locations of interest.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I use the Accuweather app. The notifications (which I have as silent) stay local in my experience.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I still use Accuweather on my android phone. Like Jim, I have the notifications silenced.

You add locations by touching the current location in the top center. It brings up a 'Search' and 'Favorites' screen. Not very intuitive.

I'm always on the lookout for a better weather app. The radar tha Accuweather uses isn't very good in my area, so I also have the MyRadar app on my phone.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if these work on smart phones since we don't have one.

They are pretty good on a computer.

https://www.wunderground.com < has a place to click for mobile apps.

The map on mine is set for my area > https://www.wunderground.com/wunderm...14&lon=-122.94

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries

This is Funny

Just went to read the news before breakfast and this was on the front page:

Before Smartphones and the National Weather Service, There Was Grandma’s Knee
    While observations of the sky can make for reliable predictions, experts say, those of animal activity can lead weather-watchers astray.
    jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I go to the source- NWS. Most of the data starts there.

Me too. noaa.gov on my phone and computer.

Here are some of the best weather apps for Android phones in 2023:

1Weather is a popular app that offers a variety of features, including hourly and daily forecasts, radar maps, severe weather alerts, and more. It also has a nice-looking interface and is easy to use.
    AccuWeather is another popular app that offers accurate forecasts and a variety of features, including radar maps, severe weather alerts, and more. It also has a large community of users who can share weather observations and forecasts.
    Today Weather is a simple and easy-to-use app that offers accurate forecasts, radar maps. It also has a clean and modern interface.
    MyRadar is a radar-focused app that offers real-time radar maps, storm tracking. It's a great app for people who want to stay up-to-date on the latest weather conditions.
    Overdrop is a beautiful and customizable app that offers accurate forecasts, radar maps. It's a great app for people who want a stylish and informative weather app.
    If you don't care about disaster warnings, you can disable them in the settings of most weather apps. You can also try to find a weather app that is specific to your location. This will help to reduce the number of warnings you receive about weather conditions that are not relevant to you.
    Kindness Every Day......All Day

Blog Entries
    I like to listen to NOAA on the marine handheld radio at least every few days to hear the hazardous outlook and statistics for the season & Y.T.D. On the computer it is often The Weather Chanel
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    I know of very few sailors and surfers that don’t use the “windy” app. Although its focus is wind, it gives real-time and forecast data on temp, humidity, barometric pressure, and precipitation. It is geared more for the advanced weather geek, but it is very accurate and easy to read for the novice. I used it a lot for forecasting race conditions before and during a sailboat race, and for forecasting surf conditions.

Blog Entries
    775CF4C4-2AE0-4DDC-90C8-2620DC03F2DC.jpg 36FF5597-A41D-4DD5-8C5C-FDCD86B43905.jpg
    Further to my above reply; I have the lifetime subscription which gives more details. The map shows isobars, fronts, wind, tides, and other data. Wind can be in moving arrows or in wind barbs. Clicking on a location will give detailed info and forecast.