Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any frequant flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    If you have the option of printing your boarding pass, you can save it as a PDF. Once you have it saved as a PDF on your phone, you can display it at the airport without the need for an app, Google Pay, or Apple Wallet or WIFI.
    That's what I have done. Then you can print the PDF if you want paper and still have it on your phone. Be viewing the PDF on your phone when you get to the gate and they will pass your phone under the reader device the same as if it were a piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I'm gonna be flying for the first time in many years. It seems they now have boarding pass's that go on your phone instead of paper ones. The thing is it says I have to save my boarding pass with something called google Pay. I don't have that and don't want it. Isn't there a way to just get the boarding pass on my android phone with out google pay?
    Since it seems you haven't flown in a very long time, you'd best brush up on TSA regulations long before getting to the airport. You don't want to be "that guy" holding up security lines. You need your boarding pass and an approved ID (passport or an approved drivers license) simply to get into the TSA area. Without the TSA approved ID you aren't getting into the boarding area much less getting on a plane.

Thats Great thanks for this Idea. I hope I have that option makes it easier for sure.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    Usually the airline app will show the boarding pass with its bar code. All you need to do is take a screen shot of the pass and call that up when asked to show it. I've never stored a pass in google anything or apple wallet.
    I've never been able to take a screen shot, doesn't seem to work the way its suppose too
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Watt View Post
    Since it seems you haven't flown in a very long time, you'd best brush up on TSA regulations long before getting to the airport. You don't want to be "that guy" holding up security lines. You need your boarding pass and an approved ID (passport or an approved drivers license) simply to get into the TSA area. Without the TSA approved ID you aren't getting into the boarding area much less getting on a plane.
    I'm sorry what are you talking about? All I need is my drivers license and a boarding pass.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    The photo of the QR code does work. But I just use Apple Wallet. It's real convenient that it pops up on your screen automatically when you are on line at the gate.
    why do people keep telling me about Iphones and apple wallet . I says in post # 1
    I HAVE ANDROID
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I'm sorry what are you talking about? All I need is my drivers license and a boarding pass.
    AZ drivers license is good for TSA ID until May 7, 2025. I didn't realize that the REAL ID requirement was kicked down the road another couple years. Sorry about that confusion. I use my passport for airport ID purposes.

Sorry about my confusion as to what phone you have.

Android uses Google Pay to store tickets like Apple Wallet, and if you don't want to get that, and you don't have a printer, then you are stuck with downloading the application for the specific airline, which usually stores tickets under My Tickets, My Trips, Boarding Passes, etc, something like that, depending on the airline. You can always check in on line, and then go to the airport a few minutes early and use the vending machines, kiosks to print a physical boarding pass.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    Sorry about my confusion as to what phone you have.

Android uses Google Pay to store tickets like Apple Wallet, and if you don't want to get that, and you don't have a printer, then you are stuck with downloading the application for the specific airline, which usually stores tickets under My Tickets, My Trips, Boarding Passes, etc, something like that, depending on the airline. You can always check in on line, and then go to the airport a few minutes early and use the vending machines, kiosks to print a physical boarding pass.
    Not all airlines, at least not in Canada. We fly mainly Westjet and as I said earlier, just check in online and save your boarding pass as a PDF if you don't want to print it. No need for any apps, just do it from the airline website.

Actually Westjet has both an Android and Apple application.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Watt View Post
    You're correct about having to pass TSA muster before you can get to the security area. I've never used a phone, just a printed boarding pass. When I check in with the TSA stand they always check my I.D. then scawl something on the paper boarding pass. They can't scrawl something on a phone screen. Do they just skip that step?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    You're correct about having to pass TSA muster before you can get to the security area. I've never used a phone, just a printed boarding pass. When I check in with the TSA stand they always check my I.D. then scawl something on the paper boarding pass. They can't scrawl something on a phone screen. Do they just skip that step?
    They check ID and Scan the boarding pass that's displayed on the phone. The boarding pass has a barcode that ties things together. This is done before the xray fun happens. Once you are scanned, your phone is handled as normal through xray.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm gonna be flying for the first time in many years. It seems they now have boarding pass's that go on your phone instead of paper ones. The thing is it says I have to save my boarding pass with something called google Pay. I don't have that and don't want it. Isn't there a way to just get the boarding pass on my android phone with out google pay?
    Yes, there are a few ways to get your boarding pass on your Android phone without using Google Pay.

* Use the airline's app. Most airlines have an app that allows you to view and manage your boarding pass. To do this, open the app, sign in to your account, and then tap on the "Boarding Pass" or "My Trips" tab. Your boarding pass will be displayed on the screen.

* Use the airline's website. You can also view and print your boarding pass from the airline's website. To do this, go to the airline's website and log in to your account. Once you're logged in, click on the "My Trips" or "Boarding Pass" tab. Your boarding pass will be displayed on the screen.

* Take a screenshot of your boarding pass. If you don't want to use the airline's app or website, you can take a screenshot of your boarding pass. To do this, open the email or PDF that contains your boarding pass and then take a screenshot using your phone's screenshot feature. Once you have the screenshot, you can save it to your phone's gallery or photos app.
    Kindness Every Day......All Day

Thanks for all the replies. I think I got it. time to close this thread.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander