Thread: any frequant flyers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Watt View Post
    Since it seems you haven't flown in a very long time, you'd best brush up on TSA regulations long before getting to the airport. You don't want to be "that guy" holding up security lines. You need your boarding pass and an approved ID (passport or an approved drivers license) simply to get into the TSA area. Without the TSA approved ID you aren't getting into the boarding area much less getting on a plane.
    I'm sorry what are you talking about? All I need is my drivers license and a boarding pass.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I'm sorry what are you talking about? All I need is my drivers license and a boarding pass.
    AZ drivers license is good for TSA ID until May 7, 2025. I didn't realize that the REAL ID requirement was kicked down the road another couple years. Sorry about that confusion. I use my passport for airport ID purposes.

Sorry about my confusion as to what phone you have.

Android uses Google Pay to store tickets like Apple Wallet, and if you don't want to get that, and you don't have a printer, then you are stuck with downloading the application for the specific airline, which usually stores tickets under My Tickets, My Trips, Boarding Passes, etc, something like that, depending on the airline. You can always check in on line, and then go to the airport a few minutes early and use the vending machines, kiosks to print a physical boarding pass.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    Sorry about my confusion as to what phone you have.

Android uses Google Pay to store tickets like Apple Wallet, and if you don't want to get that, and you don't have a printer, then you are stuck with downloading the application for the specific airline, which usually stores tickets under My Tickets, My Trips, Boarding Passes, etc, something like that, depending on the airline. You can always check in on line, and then go to the airport a few minutes early and use the vending machines, kiosks to print a physical boarding pass.
    Not all airlines, at least not in Canada. We fly mainly Westjet and as I said earlier, just check in online and save your boarding pass as a PDF if you don't want to print it. No need for any apps, just do it from the airline website.

Actually Westjet has both an Android and Apple application.
    Regards,

Tom