Thread: Oneida Dust Gorilla Pro install

Blog Entries

Oneida Dust Gorilla Pro install

Ran across this video on an install of an Oneida Dust Gorilla Pro using their ductwork and design service. Brings back memories of my install ten years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXb...x3Custom-Tamar
    NOW you tell me...

Tamar did a very nice video of that installation. And she illustrates clearly a major reason I have ZERO regrets for using quick connect ductwork, too, despite the cost. Which reminds me...I need to order a few more things to complete the system not that some details are finalized.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I looked at both Oneida and Clearvue collectors when I did my project last year. They both look like really good products and I could have chosen either. There is one difference I saw that might make one a better solution than the other for your specific installation. If you take both products and and align the ports so that they run against the wall directly, each product works in a different direction. The Oneida products will have the input port on the right and will exhaust out to the left. The Clearvue will have the input on the left and exhaust to the right. So, one might work better than the other depending on how you do your duct system. Of course, you can always rotate the main body and impeller casing for different directions, but then you are coming out at an angle.

The one unique thing I saw on the Clearvue cyclones is that they have a ramped chamber from the input that gradually forces the air/debris in a downward motion. You can see it in this picture here (the curved ramp inside the main chamber). I can attest that their metal Pentz EF5 model also has this curved ramp. It's made from metal and welded into the inside of the chamber. I think this is a Pentz specific design. I'm not sure if the Oneida collectors have this, but I think I read that the Oneida don't have this feature (essentially, they are the same as a normal agriculture cyclone).

Clear-ramp-down.jpg