Thread: Another intarsia

Blog Entries

Another intarsia

Another intarsia, 165 pieces, I probably made 265 by the time I finished
    Pumpkin, hair and sunflower “stained” with food coloring! 5 ot 6 different woods,Can anyone tell me what wood the hat is?IMG_0187.jpg
    Dennis

Very nice Dennis. I like the colors.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Very nice, it looks great.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That's a lot of nice work Dennis. I am working on a 6 foot Eagle that is an intarsia type of project but I am doing it the easy way.

I think it is a fir hat. Very nice piece.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    That's a lot of nice work Dennis. I am working on a 6 foot Eagle that is an intarsia type of project but I am doing it the easy way.
    Do you mean with a CNC?
    Dennis

Yes, I am digitizing the drawings so I can cut all of the parts on a CNC router.
    I own a Logic Trace 48" by 36" digitizing board which makes it easy to convert the drawings to vector components. This way I can reproduce as many projects as I need, mostly for family and friends, they are not for sale. I have found the Drawingboard VI conversion process to be a huge benefit for my shop, I have even found work making custom gaskets for antique machines as well as opening the door for more sign projects.