Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Podiatrist has different prices based on insurance

I've been told more than once, if you are getting body work done on your car to ensure you tell the shop that you are paying for the repair yourself, not an insurance claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clode View Post
    “Two of the cornerstones for a solid foundation of good overall health are good mental health and good nutrition.”
    To this I would add good solid education. A child not reading at grade level by the third grade is many times more likely to have subsequent issues with drugs, alcohol, early pregnancy, delinquency, incarceration etc.. All of this directly impacts our medical system which has to try and pick up the pieces
    (We are on the same side in this discussion Scott)
    Jeff

My family happened to move across state lines the summer between second and third grade for me. Of all the new kids I got to know that first year, I think there is an enormous amount of validity here. There was a group of kids who were yawning because our classwork was so easy, there was a group of kids who were working to be current, and there was a group of kids who were not current.

I suspect Jeff has some expertise in this area, but my own life experience (to recall while I was changing the oil in my lawn mower, Gerald Ford was in the White House when I was in third grade), my recollection is in fourth grade we started reading chapter books with no pictures in them, and reading expectations from faculty just went up and up and up from fourth grade through college. The kids/peers I remember as not being caught up on reading by the end of third grade just got further and further behind, I has in the same school system through the end of 8th grade.

I accept, and welcome, a solid basic education as a cornerstone of good health.

Total I am up to four corner stones, there may be more. Right now I have good mental health, good nutrition, fundamental education, and physical activity.

Thanks for the input Jeff.