Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EGO lawn tools.

Starting our third summer with string trimmer and fourth with push mower. Battery life seems to be about the same as when new. Try to keep the batteries on the charger year-round or at least top them up a few times over the winter.

Got the non-driven push mower as it is light and my wife can "cut in" edges and around bushes. Much easier than the heavy gas powered self-propelled unit we gave away. Rest of the lawn gets cut with the John Deere.
    Last edited by Kris Cook; 05-10-2023 at 12:10 PM.
    Regards,

Kris

Can't help with the EGO tools, as I went with an "in-between" option, the GreenWorks 40V.

But every time I see an ad for "EGO Power", I wonder how Elon Musk let that trademark get away.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Can't help with the EGO tools, as I went with an "in-between" option, the GreenWorks
    Same here. I went with the 60volt GreenWorks - have a mower (like Kris we use it as a trim mower), a snow blower (for sidewalks), and just got a cultivator for the wife’s garden. Before I got the mower (first tool) I bought a M18 String Trimmer and also love it. Deere does all the heavy cutting etc but I have been very pleased with the GreenWork’s system.

I got a Kolbalt 80 volt from lowes on clearance 3 years ago. The only draw back is it is selfpropled and when you come to a corner or end you have to push it to release the drive wheels. I see many electric mowers are the same. I am so used to our old lawn boys that when you released the drive handle you could pull it back.

My Robyi 40V lawn mower release the handle and the drive stops moving. It does take a second or two to stop pulling when released.
    Bill D

I’m all-in on the GreenWorks 40V system—started with the blower/vac (the only one at the time that had a vac; I wanted that for a specific reason), mower, pole saw, trimmer, snowblower, cultivator. I used to push-mow my yard in about 20 minutes with a gas mower, now it’s closer to 30, and only if the grass is long and I take too much off does it use more than one battery. The blower and snowblower seem to really drain the batteries the quickest.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

The roybi 40V vac will not pick up liquid amber balls. Bought it and returned it the next day.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    The roybi 40V vac will not pick up liquid amber balls. Bought it and returned it the next day.
    Bill D
    So ummm, what's a liquid amber ball?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    So ummm, what's a liquid amber ball?
    Seed pod from a sweetgum tree. Picture a COVID virus about the size of a golf ball.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidambar
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Considering going gas free. My gas blower and weed trimmer are about 12 years old so starting to think about new.

Weed trimmer and blower. Not a mower. WAY TOO MUCH grass to cut for that.

Considering EGO for one reason. Their battery blower has a gutter cleaning attachment. I have gutter toppers and need to blow them off at times. I use a gas powered Husqvarna now for that.

For EGO owners, What is the life span for the batteries? Not how long a charge last (that would be helpful too) but the life as in 3 years or 5 years before needing replaced.
    EGO batteries have a lifespan of about 3-5 years, depending on how often they are used and how well they are cared for. The batteries will lose some of their capacity over time, but they should still be able to provide enough power for most tasks after 5 years.
    Here are some tips for extending the life of your EGO batteries:
    * Store the batteries in a cool, dry place.
    * Do not fully discharge the batteries.
    * Do not leave the batteries in a hot car.
    * Do not use the batteries if they are damaged.
    * Inspect the batteries regularly for signs of damage.
    If you follow these tips, your EGO batteries should last for many years.
    Here are some additional details about EGO batteries:
    * The batteries are made with lithium-ion technology, which is the most advanced type of battery available.
    * The batteries are designed to be lightweight and easy to use.
    * The batteries come with a 3-year warranty.
    If you are considering going gas-free, EGO is a great option. The batteries are reliable and long-lasting, and the tools are powerful and easy to use.
    Kindness Every Day......All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Seed pod from a sweetgum tree. Picture a COVID virus about the size of a golf ball.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidambar
    Thanks Lee. I had no idea.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”