Thread: FREE FOR SHIPPING - Hard Maple cutoffs, etc.

FREE FOR SHIPPING - Hard Maple cutoffs, etc.

I have my sawmill guy cut hard maple billets to use for legs, stretchers and arm supports on the Windsor chairs I build. He does a great job of getting them fairly straight grain and they are clear of knots with very rare exception. The billets are approx. 2.5x2.5x32".

Before I turn the parts, I bandsaw the billets closer in size to what I need to lessen turning time and chip build up and also cut them to length. But.....that means I have a BUNCH of cutoffs. This wood is not kiln dried, but it is dry enough for chair parts that tend to dry quickly once turned. The "slabs" that are cut will be ambient moisture as will be some of the older blocks, whereas some of the more recent blocks may have a bit more moisture. None are damp to the touch. Most of the blocks have been end sealed after being cut off. The dark ends are the wax applied by my mill guy. I use Achorseal.

The "slabs" would be great for spoon carvers. In the first two pics the thicker slabs are about 1.25" and the thinner ones 5/8" with a couple of exceptions. That stack is 27" long. In the third pic there is a broader mix of thickness and length.

The blocks might be useful for segmented woodturning. Most are full 2.5" and the length varies from 4-9". Bottle stoppers???

There are probably a dozen other uses. I can verify they burn really well as that is my only use for them!!! But, I would love to see someone get some use out of them.

So, if you can use them I will cut them down to size and tightly pack a medium or large flat rate box (your choice) and ship them to you for the cost of shipping. If there is no interest, then they will become a pile of kindling for next winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	500624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	500625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	500626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	500627  

Left click my name for homepage link.

pm sent...

Very generous offer My needs are probably more long term than Prashun so definitely gives him and others first crack. But I certainly would like some of the blocks. My garage and storage unit and both hot enough to kiln dry without any powered heat source.

I had a PM at 3:14pm for a couple large boxes of slabs.

Prashun, I don't think there will be any of the thicker slabs left over. They came from the side posts for 7 dining room chairs I am building (the prototype is already done) and it will be several months before I do any other chairs with side posts.

Doug, no one has spoken up for the blocks yet, so I will box up a couple large boxes of those for you - on the house as I owe you on the last transaction we discussed!!

I think the two shipments above will exhaust what I now have on hand. I am sure there will be more over time. But, my lovely wife is patiently waiting for me to build all these chairs!

Left click my name for homepage link.