Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever have one of those projects?

I don't have projects that have lasted that long, but I do find myself fixing my mistakes quite often....Ran the last pass thru the router the wrong way....luckily, this will be on the back. So the repair begins...

fix.jpg
    Chris

I still have a set of chairs to complete that I started in 2003. I may try to actually get to them this year. Maybe.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I stage my WIPs.... that way I've always got something to work on

WIP-10y (started 10 years ago)
    WIP-9y
    WIP-8y
    WIP-7y
    etc.
    to WIP- current

Annoys my non-hobby-ist friends to complain..."Finish it or get rid of it!"
    Best answer for such situations that stops the discussion in its tracks: "Friend, you tend to your knitting and I'll tend to mine."
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 05-07-2023 at 6:41 AM.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Waay back when my first grandkid (who now has two kids) was born, I decided to build a kids rocking horse. I knew my wife would want one for out house also, plus more for our two other kids, and nieces and nephews (total ended up at18), so I decided to use a design from WOOD mag with a few mods.

I proceeded to make a prototype from not so good wood, it even had a knot on a rocker runner. Came out ok, so made a couple improvements and proceeded to make the others. 33 years later, guess which one is in our living room. Why, you may ask? The wife's answer...."It was the first one".

That is when I learned to make prototypes out of part board, but I live with some of my mistakes for a long time.

PS: The runner with the big knot in it has never broken even after teenagers rode on it for years. Go figure.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

We all make mistakes, the challenge is recovering from those mistakes.

Sometimes I can’t recover from them however in those cases I have found this device invaluable.

Regards, Rod

IMG_0181.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rod sheridan View Post
    we all make mistakes, the challenge is recovering from those mistakes.

Sometimes i can’t recover from them however in those cases i have found this device invaluable.

Regards, rod

IMG_0181.jpg
    I'll keep that in mind! Thank you Rod!

Ken, it's good to know you are also human. I don't know if I make anything that's mistake free and if I do then it's something else. Finish isn't to my liking etc. Even after marking things so I know which is the top or this side out or whatever. I then fail to pay attention. Like my making a list of things to grab at the big box store, lumber yard, etc. and then not checking my list and getting all I went for. Or I have several things that I think of throughout the day I should do when I go in the shop, then only remember one or two knowing full well I had other things in mind. Such is life, or my life at least. Let's see those photos so we can appreciate your project.