Thread: Oneida supercell turbo or not

Oneida supercell turbo or not

Oneida supercell turbo or not?

I have a small shop and the Oneida Supercell looks like a good fit. I noticed they dropped the price on the non-turbo version and I’m trying to decide if I need the turboversion. I am a small shop one person everything is 4 inches or less. I have an 8 inch Joiner and a drum sander and a bandsaw with 2 4 inch ports. What think?

I bought a Supercell when there wasn't yet a turbo option. I have the tools you have except for a drum sander (for now, anyway), and it's plenty. I asked the folks at Oneida about a drum sander before I placed the order, and they gave me the impression that it would handle that as well.

I have the non-turbo SuperCell and it works well for me. I'm a one person shop, 400 sq ft, so one tool at a time in mostly hard ducting. It does fine with the 12" Jointer/Planer and the 16-32 Drum sander. I have to be careful to balance the guard port and machine port blast gates on the slider or some sawdust escapes.

Thanks Lisa and Dave, this is what I needed.

Lisa, one other question. I have a Sawstop router table with a 4 inch port underneath, and a 2 inch port on the fence. This sounds like the same balancing act you are doing on your slider. But you’re saying it does OK just a little escape.

I have a SuperCell as well and if I had a choice I would have bought the Turbo.
    I'm happy with what I have but have yet to hear of anyone complaining about too much CFM.

For what it’s worth, I noticed today the current magazine for Rockler has an article on the SuperCell Turbo. May be worth checking out if you have a rockler near by.

It was this one: https://www.rockler.com/woodworkers-...rch-april-2023
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 04-23-2023 at 5:52 PM.