Thread: Fiber Laser Question

Fiber Laser Question

I am trying to engrave a set of polished head covers for a client and I don't understand why I am having problems getting it to engrave. It starts out just fine but then stops engraving after about 1/16". Do I need to put something on the valve cover to avoid the fine polish. I have the same settings in a test with word "test" and it engraved fine a piece of anodized aluminum. The anodized aluminum was blue if that makes any difference. I'm using my 110 lens so I can get the engraving to the size the client requested. Any ideas? In the picture you can see where it started to engrave the logo and then stopped.

Thanks
    Terry Wade

PXL_20230418_023037215.MP.jpg
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

Are you saying there is a hiccup with the controller or the software? Valve covers a pretty tall. Is the travel physically limited? Is the machine overheating? Just a few WAG’s.

Do you mean diode laser? What you are showing does not look like any Galvo Fiber Laser I have seen?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Sorry guy's I guess the picture that I showed doesn't show to well. What I was trying to show was the top surface of the valve cover and you are seeing the bottom of the galvo arm in the reflection. I am not sure what the issue is at this moment, whether it is hardware or software but I'm open to suggestions.
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment

What I really don't understand is why that when I hit the Mark button to start marking the laser starts as normal and after it gets about 1/2" into the run the laser stops but the red dot keeps on going to the end without marking the aluminum. I set up another piece of aluminum and it marked the word test in 20mm letters perfectly. Why is it getting started then stumbling?