Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oneida Discounts

Oneida Discounts

I need to upgrade my dust collection system and have decided that an Oneida Supercell is the best choice for my needs, but the price is killing me. Does anyone know if Oneida ever has any sales or if there are ways to get a discount? I tried Googling Oneida Discounts and got the typical crap that Google now serves up.

Thanks in advance
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bechle View Post
    I need to upgrade my dust collection system and have decided that an Oneida Supercell is the best choice for my needs, but the price is killing me. Does anyone know if Oneida ever has any sales or if there are ways to get a discount? I tried Googling Oneida Discounts and got the typical crap that Google now serves up.

Thanks in advance
    Chuck
    When I bought my prior V3000, I got it on a July 4th sale. That was 6 or 7 years ago though so I don't know if they still do that. After selling my prior shop off, the current collector I'm using is a smaller mini gorilla. Bought it through woodcraft but at full price. Fortunately it was just before the prices went up. Regardless, I'd call them and simply ask if they have any holiday sales planned. July 4 not that far off in the grand scheme of things if they will have sales.

What did Oneida say when you called them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Mitchell View Post
    What did Oneida say when you called them?
    They said that they rarely, "if ever", have sales on the Supercell system. It sounded a bit like he was hedging.

They said that they rarely, "if ever", have sales on the Supercell system. It sounded a bit like he was hedging.
    Who knows. That could be as its a newer system and maybe it sells fine without the discounts. Don't know.

What about Woodcraft. Any discounts through them? They sell the Supercell system. Not sure if they do any type of coupons or discounts, or if Oneida would be excluded, but worth looking into.

I’ve never seen a discount, even on Black Friday/cyber Monday. Not from them or affiliates. I respect that. Last week I just decided to order a supercell as my current DC is not enough and it will be here Friday.

Not an Oneida, but I got the Harvey G800 and absolutely love it. I'd never get a cyclone after hearing the Harveys. The G700 is roughly the price of the super cells and is supposed to be quite nice. There is also a 5% sign up for their mailing list discount. Doing a quick check and the Harvey is going to be a bit less than the Supercell.

Probably not enough of a help as the price is still going to be killing you. However, I can assure you that I hold conversations without raising my voice standing right next to the machine. The vacuum on these machines are awesome, routing, tablesaw, jointer, planer and bandsaw all are incredible.

For what its worth, the Oneida Mini Gorilla has been working well for me. Its a good bit cheaper than the Supercell models if you don't need the shop vac style suction of the Supercell. If you are using 4" or larger ducts, and can keep the run short, the mini gorilla seems to work well on one tool at a time. I've had to make some adjustments in layout to maximize its function in my shop, including a gate on my sawstop lower pickup so I can get full suction on the floating overarm pickup, but short of moving to a much more expensive unit, it seems to do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rutman View Post
    Not an Oneida, but I got the Harvey G800 and absolutely love it. I'd never get a cyclone after hearing the Harveys. The G700 is roughly the price of the super cells and is supposed to be quite nice. There is also a 5% sign up for their mailing list discount. Doing a quick check and the Harvey is going to be a bit less than the Supercell.

Probably not enough of a help as the price is still going to be killing you. However, I can assure you that I hold conversations without raising my voice standing right next to the machine. The vacuum on these machines are awesome, routing, tablesaw, jointer, planer and bandsaw all are incredible.
    I found a 7% coupon which made it cheaper still. In the end I still went with Oneida. Some of that is brand trust but I also wanted the 2.5" hose option to clean around the shop and the footprint works better for me. The G700 sure does look like a nice machine though and I'm sure it's a good unit.

Harvey was a very serious contender but because of space concerns, the vertical format of the Supercell won out as the better fit for me. I think I need the high suction of the Supercell because I intend (at least in the beginning) to connect to my machines with a long flex hose. Woodcraft has the model I want for the same price as factory direct. I can't find any working discount codes online. Maybe just need to be patient and see if any sales become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    I found a 7% coupon which made it cheaper still. In the end I still went with Oneida. Some of that is brand trust but I also wanted the 2.5" hose option to clean around the shop and the footprint works better for me. The G700 sure does look like a nice machine though and I'm sure it's a good unit.
    Do you know if that coupon is still available?

Do you know if that coupon is still available?
    No idea, it was 700GDC. I'm sure if you google you should be able to find 5-7% off but it will be painful LOL. Ask me how I know

Sign up for the harvey newsletter. There are discount sales all the time that are better than the 5% or even 7% off but you need to be on their mailing list.

I bought a Sawstop a few years ago through Woodcraft. They shipped to the store and I picked it up there worth no added shipping charge. Don't know if Woodcraft does the same with Oneida products, but if so that's an effective 'discount.'

Oneida seemed to offer some kind of site-wide discount every few months before the pandemic, but I haven't seen one since. I ended up buying a Supercell at their asking price. Great DC - does what I need with a smaller footprint than others with comparable capacity.

That's what Woodcraft did on my Mini Gorilla. I ordered over phone and they ordered and held for me to pick up at the store.

On my prior V3000, it came straight from Oneida and there was shipping. Don't remember the cost but it did add a bit. If memory serves, that unit shipped in like 14 boxes or something crazy. The Mini Gorilla came in 2 boxes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
    I bought a Sawstop a few years ago through Woodcraft. They shipped to the store and I picked it up there worth no added shipping charge. Don't know if Woodcraft does the same with Oneida products, but if so that's an effective 'discount.'

Oneida seemed to offer some kind of site-wide discount every few months before the pandemic, but I haven't seen one since. I ended up buying a Supercell at their asking price. Great DC - does what I need with a smaller footprint than others with comparable capacity.