Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded shop flooring

Our two sample tiles came this morning. It's going to be almost perfect for what we need! The "smooth" is not really smooth, but has a texture that I estimate to be about .008". The interlock of the keys seems to be ever so slightly an interference fit and very secure. All in all, seems to be very good quality.

Where the pool table sits, I'll cut out clearance squares under the legs, and make spacers out of scrap Corian. I think the Ping Pong table will be fine sitting on top.

I'm not even going to bother to take up the old linoleum tile, but just put it on top, which will save a Lot of work and be worth a premium on the cost.

Thanks again Micheal!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the garage it's going in. A lake rental house game room now. It should make a big difference with the sound problem in there too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great! Yea I think the "smooth" will work great without being too slippery diving for a fast serve

Tom, I'll be interested to see how this turns out. I think this would be something I would like in my garage. I would prefer the smooth tile, especially after seeing the photo you posted showing that it is not perfectly smooth, but has a bit of texture. Please keep us updated on your project and the results.

Derek

The to-do list is long, and we're starting to rent that place already for the season, so it may be next Winter before I get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    Tom, I'll be interested to see how this turns out. I think this would be something I would like in my garage. I would prefer the smooth tile, especially after seeing the photo you posted showing that it is not perfectly smooth, but has a bit of texture. Please keep us updated on your project and the results.

Derek
    Ditto... I was already looking at the "smooth" version... prefer it to the [slightly] knobby texture.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

This looks so rad! I love the flooring paired with the cabinets. I'd love to do something like this, but I assume the wife may have other ideas on what to do with the funds needed to fit out my garage.

It's look so good colors are matching and so neat and clean workshop. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Ramirez View Post
    It's look so good colors are matching and so neat and clean workshop. Love it
    Thank you Atlas! Still loving the flooring myself having had it for a while now.

Michael, you mentioned earlier that you caught it on sale. How did you manage to do that?
    Thanks,

They seem to have sales all the time. I believe my coupon code was "save28" and I think that code came with the set of samples I ordered.

They claim to have it on sale right now. The smooth for $3.19 a square foot. I'm just going to watch it a while, and have my order ready. We have a useable floor for this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    They claim to have it on sale right now. The smooth for $3.19 a square foot. I'm just going to watch it a while, and have my order ready. We have a useable floor for this Summer.
    What's the update Tom, did you get the deal