Thread: Hidden pot rack

Hidden pot rack

Thought I’d show my pot rack to those (if any) who don’t like to look at them. Sorry that it’s sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Kinda looks like "pot luck" to reach down there and grab one. I would hope that the piece with all the hooks on it slides out otherwise my back is getting sore just thinking about it. Sorry for the old age humor. It looks nice Steve.

Actually it’s really easy. Don’t have to bend that far. You can just bend enough to grab the pan and handle. You don’t have to see the handle to remove the pot or put it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    Actually it’s really easy. Don’t have to bend that far. You can just bend enough to grab the pan and handle. You don’t have to see the handle to remove the pot or put it back.
    Hunh? I was looking at the pic, and thinking that the pans are all hanging from hooks, like the usual pot rack which hangs high in the room. In that case, you have to be able to see the hook, and the loop on the end of the pan's handle.

Maybe a pic from lower down, so we see how you hook the pans to your rack?

You just grab the handle with one hand and the hook with the other. You don’t have to see the hook.IMG_1356.jpg

I salute your get it done ethos and I’m happy it works for you. .

But I have to agree with the rest of the peanut gallery - sight line is too obscure and too much bending to retrieve a pan from a dark hole. Using two hands to retrieve or store a pan is not something I’d ever tolerate.

Having two, wide drawers under the cooktop is a much better solution from an ergonomic and accessibility standpoint. From an aesthetic perspective, your solution wins because it looks neat and tidy.