Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been awhile

Mike,

PM me and I will reply with jpegs.

ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cornwall View Post
    Is there a way to see these for someone who can’t see these on here? Thanks in advance

I think that Kind of access is similarly inaccessible, but thanks

Is there a way to see these for someone who can’t see these on here? Thanks in advance
    $6/year. Not a bad deal.
    Chuck Taylor

Ken, Welcome Back! It's good to see your name on a post again! Hope things are going well for you.

You have been missed, and I, for one, always enjoyed your posts, especially the ones on the workbenches.

I am now retired also, and like you have wondered how I ever had time to work. (Seems like all I really did was change bossed. Well kind of.) Currently I am remodeling the house Donna and I bought to retire in, and have basically reached a point where I can just about start work on garden and (finally!) a shop. When the shop is built I will finally be able to work on building a Moravian workbench, etc. for the shop. Then I will finally be able to use the marking gauge you sent several years ago.

Will you be able to do some woodworking, using the three items you list above, while camping, and be able to post a little while camping?

At any rate, really good to see you back, and hopefully we will see some posts from you.

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 04-06-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Sorry I forgot about that, never think about the $6 USD membership. It is just part of using the forum.
    ken
    I think that Kind of access is similarly inaccessible, but thanks

Thanks Stew,

Yeah, funny less time for the shop now v. working full time. Go figure. congrats on getting the house done. I understand the garden thing, I've tomatoes in a small greenhouse, peppers on the porch and grow tents inside. Yep I usually take a bench and/or a horse or mule with us. I don't get a lot made but it is a great way to meet the neighbors. Sometimes posting is hard because cell service can be bad to not there. We are booked to be on the Oregon Coast starting the first of June thru Sept back home mid Oct. Seems we are always working to get the house and motorhome ready to leave or working on both to recover from being gone 4 months.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Denton View Post
    Ken, Welcome Back! It's good to see your name on a post again! Hope things are going well for you.

You have been missed, and I, for one, always enjoyed your posts, especially the ones on the workbenches.

I am now retired also, and like you have wondered how I ever had time to work. (Seems like all I really did was change bossed. Well kind of.) Currently I am remodeling the house Donna and I bought to retire in, and have basically reached a point where I can just about start work on garden and (finally!) a shop. When the shop is built I will finally be able to work on building a Moravian workbench, etc. for the shop. Then I will finally be able to use the marking gauge you sent several years ago.

Will you be able to do some woodworking, using the three items you list above, while camping, and be able to post a little while camping?

At any rate, really good to see you back, and hopefully we will see some posts from you.

Regards,

Stew

Well, I wish the house was done, but I have only gotten as far as I can go without a bigger place to finish things like doors, etc. Thus, I need to have a shop before I can go on to other things on the remodel.

That said, the worst of the remodel, the bigger stuff, is virtually done except a few tiny jobs. Things done are like building a temporary support so I could pull out a load bearing wall, then reframing the area with a big header to support that load bearing wall and also framing that area for a big pantry for Donna, framing an area for a freezer off one of the hallways, building and putting up the shelves and doorway for the pantry, stripping off the popcorn ceiling and painting the ceilings, finishing and installing the base molding for the kitchen, family room, dining room, and living room, the utility room and hallway, helping pulling down a bad kitchen ceiling, putting up a range hood, painting almost all of the rooms, etc., etc. etc.

We hired the window replacements, flooring, wiring done for the kitchen, the replumbing for the moved sink (required jack hammering up the concrete floor) , the sheet rock work, and putting up the new kitchen cabinets. I could have done all of those things except the bigger plumbing stuff and flooring, although I don't like wiring for 220. Donna wanted them done a LOT faster than I can do them by myself so we had folks that had crews of folks to do that work.

We have one room left to do, but it is filled with boxes of tools for the shop, and kitchen stuff that is buried deep under tool boxes, etc. Once the shop is done I will have to work on base, casing, doors, etc. for the remaining rooms, etc., but prior to doing those things I need a shop to work in, so it looks like about another year or so, but the most important things like having a nice and usable kitchen again for Donna and the other rooms I mentioned completed makes the house very pleasant and livable so the pressure to get the house in nice shape is finally over. Thus, quite a bit more to do, but everything except the room full of boxes is OK for now.

Like you getting ready to go camping, work on the trailer, house, etc., seems like it is never completely done.

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 04-06-2023 at 2:09 PM.