Thread: PayPal for paid subscriptions

Question PayPal for paid subscriptions

I am wanting to update my status with an annual paid subscription.
    However the only option is to use PayPal.
    is there an alternative for using a standard credit card?

Thank you
    Mike

You do not have to have a PayPal account to use the PayPal payment processing system that's embedded in the Donation system for SMC to use your credit card. If you still would prefer not to use the PayPal processing system (again, it's just processing the credit card like any other credit card processor), you can mail a check to the address listed below the online payment information.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quick interjection: You may use pay pal as a "guest", but the system will AUTOMATICALLY SET UP AN ACCOUNT unless you scour the page completely to find the small, fine print statement with a checkbox for setting up an account, and UNCHECK IT.
    This is their morally questionable, but to this date not illegal, way of absorbing you and your credit card data into their system.
    I've had to close accounts several times until I was clued in to this tactic, and due to it's less than forthright approach and hassle to call an out of country, script reading entity with a condescending tone about you mistakenly setting up an account, I resent and avoid Pay Pal as much as possible.

FWIW,

Jeff

Thank You Jeff
    I was able to use my credit card and was very careful to not setup a PayPal account

I just renewed, and (like Mike Hanan) I was able to use a credit card without opening an account. But gee, it takes some internet experience and careful 'clicks' to do that. I don't need the hacks when PayPal's security fails (again). I can't tolerate the use of my cell phone by folks calling to sell stuff. Some say I should ignore calls, but that phone is the way I'm reached when my work has an urgent need.

Is part of the very reasonable cost for this forum made possible by some support received from PayPal? What would be the effects, if their involvement ended?

David

We do not receive any support from Paypal. We have been using them for years and the fees we pay are reasonable. It also offers us protection when we use paypal to purchase items for our business.

Jackie

David
    If the urgent calls from your work come from the same number of few numbers, just add those numbers to your contacts. They will show up when those numbers call. Personally, if I get a call from a number I don't recognize it goes to voice mail. If that caller can't be bothered to leave a message they didn't want to talk to me very bad. I have a Pixel (Google) phone. It has a screening process for suspect calls that go to voice mail. Often the caller ends the call before the message finishes playing so in all likelihood spam.