Thread: Planes for sale

Planes for sale

Some of you may remember me from years past. If you do please feel free to say high and give my a testimonial. I have had these planes hanging on my home shop wall for years in parts. My wife wants me to do something with the messy area. Since I never had kept track of types I do not know if all of the parts are correct to the plane. I can say that every part has been pain stakingly fit and is in great working order. I can't say prefect because nothing is prefect, But I can say they have a money back guarantee plus I will pay the return shipping if they are not in great working order. Did I mention that they ready for the final micro bevel and stropping. Plead specify between the 25 or 30 degree angle for final sharpening and if you want it flat or with a slight crown. I prefer a slight camber, if that is the correct word, on my smoothers.

Both planes have been stripped and repainted with several coats of paint. They have been precision ground flat with in .0015. Actually they are flatter but. The sides have been ground square to the bottom. The blades have been flattened so there is no or little lapping that needs to be done to then . The ruler trick is not necessary. The knob and totes are new made by me Bolivian rose wood. I developed an allergy to the wood. Had an allergic reaction to it. That is why low knobs instead of maybe high knobs

First up is a bailey #3 flat bottom , Asking $140 shipped

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04172.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	498660 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04173.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	498662 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04174.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	498665 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04176.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	498667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04147.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	498668 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04177.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	498670

I seem to have gotten a wrong photo in there. I will finish this in a reply.
    Tom

Hi, Tom

To anyone who is not familiar with Tom's work, suffice it to say that among the cognoscenti, saying "I got it from Tom Bussey" was all that's needed to describe a plane.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I put the pink marker in the pictures so you can see the type of finish that is on the plane. smooth means even less effort when planning wood.

The Bailey#5 flat bottom plane does have a Fulton blade. It is what I had. Took longer to grind but still asking $140 shipped. I just realized the totes were cut short so the last on is of the full tote.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04178.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	498684 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04179.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	498685 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04180.JPG 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	498686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04181.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	498687 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04182.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	498688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04183.JPG 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	498689
    Tom

I am collecting Keen Kutter K series planes, both flat bottom and corrugated. I have the 4s and 5s and an 8C. I would be interested in trading or buying any of the planes not listed. I do have a finished Wards Master #7 flat bottom I am willing to trade, plus what is listed here. The Ward's planes were made by Stanley and are exactly the same as the Baileys except for the casting numbers,

If I don't ask I will not get.
    Tom

Blog Entries
    If I don't ask I will not get.
    That's my philosophy when it comes to asking for a discount while out rust hunting.

It is actually surprising how many will knock a few dollars off their prices.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Tom's work is impeccable.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I'll take the #3 if it's still available. PM to follow.

The 3 is sold pending.
    Tom

I am glad James has sold his #5. I kind of hated to post my planes for sale when he had his on sale. But mine is still for sale and I do not think you can get a better #5 for any where near the price.
    Tom

I have not purchased from Tom, but only saw very positive comments for this tools. I am very surprised that this precision ground plane is still not sold at this price.

Send it my way. I will reunite it with some of it’s cousins.

Blog Entries
    How did I sleep through that #3. Congrats Dave.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The #3 came in the mail today. No surprise, of course - it's gorgeous!

I am sorry Glen but you slept through the #5 also.
    Tom

Tom, does this mean you’re back at it with restoring planes?