Thread: Supercut bandsaw blades

Supercut bandsaw blades

just a quick question, does anyone have actual experience with Supercut bandsaw blades.
    https://supercutbandsaw.com/

The blades I usually get had a big price jump recently, making the Supercut look pretty attractive. Are they worth a try?
    Thanks

I've bought about 8 or 10 bands from them in sizes ... 1/4" x 60" ... 1/2" x 145" ... 5/8" x 145". They performed well-enough: on 2 occasions I had welds come-apart. They were very prompt to respond with replacements. I was amazed when the last 145" arrived in a small protective envelope by US Post. It was coiled-up in 7 loops. For my last buy I bought Woodslicer after reading all the praise in a thread about 4 months-ago.
    BandCoil.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it

I also have used them in the past. Back when I was using 1/4" blades for tight curves on a 14" bandsaw. Good blades for the money, back then.

Speaking of price jumps. I was watching a Stumpy video yesterday and he recommended getting a few different tpi bandsaw blades as they were economical to have ready for use. Stumpy apparently has not bought blades for a saw like my PM1500 recently. My last order was for two 1/2 X 153 3tpi blades in Lennox Diemaster ll and the total with tax and shipping was $122.00.

The 105" blades for my 14" bandsaw used to come tightly coiled like pictured above.
    Last edited by Robert Hayward; 03-30-2023 at 1:39 PM.

I have a Grizzly that takes a 131 1/2" blade and a 14" (with riser block) that takes a 105".
    The price went up 30-38 % since end of January on a variety of blades I bought. So I'm resharpening and looking for a less expensive source.
    Anyone else seen this kind of price jump?

Best prices I could find for my 131-1/2" blades is https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/
    these are Lenox brand. A little over $100 for 4 blades, free shipping on orders over $100. Win Win!

I've used the Supercut on my 8" Delta & 10" Grizzly bandsaws with good success.
    The Supercut is the only brand I could find with .014" thickness blades which I need for the smaller saws.

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

I buy Timberwolf 1/2" 3 TPI blades at 133" or so, and they are currently $30.39 and 15% off if you buy 10, so I do. I have used 8 of the 10 and need to reorder soon. I bought this box of 10 in June 2020, and then they were $29.62, so they haven't gone up much.

Thanks everyone

I bought a few Premium Gold bands some years ago. They seem to not drift and wear pretty well. I did email their support asking how their Premium Gold bands compared to their bi-metal bands, they sell both. Guy said it depends on what you're cutting but didn't go further than that and I didn't pursue. The Premium Gold for my saw appears to be comparable in price to Lenox Diemaster so I'm not sure which is the better deal.