Thread: Building Windsor Chairs

Building Windsor Chairs

This may not be of interest to everyone, but I recently closed down my website because of the hosting fees. I never did use it for commerce, but as an instructor at John C. Campbell Folk School I wanted a place where prospective students could see my work. I screen shot pages of the website before I shut it down, and posted them into my new Facebook page. I am not a social media person - don't like the chit chat, and just don't have the time for drifting around to a bunch of sites.

But, since getting into building Windsor chairs a couple years ago I decided since I had the FB page I would chronicle some of the chair building process with pics, explanations, a few short videos, etc. There are no "click baits" or anything commerce related. It is strictly my postings on the chairs I build. I am not making money on this!!

So, if you have an interest, click on my profile and go to my "website", which is actually a link to the FB page. The SMC rules don't permit me to put the link in a thread.

Like I said, it may not interest anyone, but there have been a few creekers that have gotten into chair building and they may find it interesting.

Left click my name for homepage link.

John,

Having followed you on FB, I can attest that some will find it highly educational!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That sounds like a really good way to convert. I need to do something with my website and my Wife's. Both were built with software that is no longer supported, so we can't do any editing and they have accumulated some errors like dropped text. Pam posts updated puppy pictures on her Facebook page, but I haven't done anything with mine and don't have a FB page.

Tom, I didn’t know anything about FB and kind of stumbled through it with some guidance from my daughters that are active on it. A commercial page has fees associated with it, but mine is just a personal page at no cost. I do have a “signature” on my emails that has the FB link since the page does show what was on my website. It took a couple of postings to get the hang of it, but it is pretty simple.

Left click my name for homepage link.

John, I enjoyed looking through your FB page. Following along on the builds is enjoyable. I rarely go to FB but do look at Instagram where there are crafters of every imaginable field.

I look at your page often as you provide a lot of useful information on your chairs. I really appreciate it.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.