Thread: adjustable circle jig for router

adjustable circle jig for router

I’m making a steam box, or snake coffin as Curtis Buchanan calls it. I needed to cut circles in ply to make an adjustable jig for my little dewalt router. Got the idea from a u-tube video. Used 1/4-20 nuts for t-track and steel with 1/8” brass rod for a pivot pin. Left over 3/4” ply salvaged from cabinets I ripped out of the garage after we bought the house. I’m not in to using baltic birch ply for jigs, especially when I don’t expect to use them very often. You can see I routed the groove off center and had to glue in a filler strip. Oh well. It won’’t win any beauty contest for sure. But it works. Good for 1.5" to 34".

IMG_1179.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1177.jpg

Blog Entries
    It sure looks like it will get the job done! I use 1/4 inch Lexan and a 1/16 drill bit for the center (I had Lexan scraps on hand) The Lexan has the advantage of allowing you to see what you are doing. Your adjusting feature is excellent. I need to incorporate something like that. I rely on a series of holes, which can be confusing. Good luck with the snake coffin! That will be a satisfying project!
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 03-28-2023 at 9:09 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Paul -

Forgive me for being a little thick - I can't figure out what you've got there in relation to your written description. Could you add a little more info plus a few more pics (especially of the upper surface of the plywood)

I'd really appreciate your help.

Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

Howard,

More photos. Hopefully they show what you are looking for.
    IMG_1205.jpgIMG_1204.jpgIMG_1203.jpg

It would be better if you watch the youtube video that I got the idea from. I did not make the rotating router base shown in the first part of the video. Starting about 13 minutes 40 seconds shows where I got the idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPnE...index=4&t=938s