Thread: SN Tools?

SN Tools?

Has anyone seen the SN Tools vids on YT? Have you had experience with them? Looks really interesting, although no dust collection. Hard to imagine they'd be producing them if folks weren't purchasing them. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and giving it a run thru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZLv3sO-v8

Looks like cheaply-made junk from China. Out of curiosity, what do you find "really interesting" about the tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schussheim View Post
    Looks like cheaply-made junk from China. Out of curiosity, what do you find "really interesting" about the tools?
    Firstly, stuff from China isn't necessarily junk in my experience. The saw looks fairly versatile and stowable. And, it looks to have an iron top of some sort or maybe aluminum.

I found it interesting because it was a system I had never seen before, and brought me through a rabbit hole that led to several other interesting videos on sliders and metal cutting bandsaws. Inquiring minds and all that. There is a lot of engineering to get that setup to do all it does.

Kind of scary though, the way they demonstrate it.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

For sure, scary.

I like the concept of a fold-up portable sliding saw/router. Kind of weird that the video isn't linked to a sales outlet.

Take a look on ebay. There are a couple of sellers there. Decent price too.

I can see it appealing to the same type people who bought ShopSmiths back in the day. Folks who have little room and want to do stuff. I know, because I was one. Got a new one along with my dad in the 70's. I still like the concept, but grew out of it, like many others.

If I ever downsize, never I hope, I would get another.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Well inquiring mind want to know did you buy one? I have been looking at versions of these JT-9 and such but I have not seen anything at all for real reviews just a lot of adds.

Ok - ask yourself one thing as you view this video demonstration of one of their products....

If this was a legitimate company selling real tools, why do they have a giant fake Panda Bear doing the woodworking?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TjQqyY6SFfg
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Has anyone seen the SN Tools vids on YT? Have you had experience with them? Looks really interesting, although no dust collection. Hard to imagine they'd be producing them if folks weren't purchasing them. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and giving it a run thru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZLv3sO-v8
    Interesting, however I would bet they have no electrical approval, and if they do it wouldn't meet American or Canadian requirements.

Regards, Rod.

Sorry Tim, I didn't buy one.

I look at a lot of things I don't buy. They walk by all the time.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.