Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is its name

Do you mean the Little Brown Church. It is the church that the song was written about, The little Brown Church in the Vale. It was built in about 1858. It is still a church with a congregation and services are at 10:30 AM. It is a famous church, Known for weddings and of course the song. We eloped and were married there 53 years ago. I am in Nashua Ia.

The BBQ is gone and it is now a bar but I do not think it has food.

I do not know about being Lucky, it is a 25 minute drive just to get a 2X4. The nearest big box is around 50 miles and the nearest woodworking store is Woodsmith and it is 2 3/4 hours away.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bussey View Post
    Do you mean the Little Brown Church. It is the church that the song was written about, The little Brown Church in the Vale. It was built in about 1858. It is still a church with a congregation and services are at 10:30 AM. It is a famous church, Known for weddings and of course the song. We eloped and were married there 53 years ago. I am in Nashua Ia.

The BBQ is gone and it is now a bar but I do not think it has food.

I do not know about being Lucky, it is a 25 minute drive just to get a 2X4. The nearest big box is around 50 miles and the nearest woodworking store is Woodsmith and it is 2 3/4 hours away.
    Yes "The Little Brown Church in the Vale". I had to go to the Tube and listen to it again when I mentioned it earlier. There is a Woodcraft in Iowa City now but that's probably 2 hours plus to for you. It's about that for me.

Amazon also sells them ... under various names.

Update: I am glad you posted this question and picture! I have a broken one on my bench sander, and now that I know what they are called and that they are available, I just purchased a replacement from Amazon in the exact size I needed.
    Last edited by George Menz; 03-28-2023 at 10:32 AM.