Thread: Dust Collector Remote

Dust Collector Remote

The remote for my Jet 230V dust collector is giving me problems. The off switch is very fussy and I have to use a thumbnail and push it several times before it shuts the unit off. When I looked online for a replacement this is what came up: https://jettools.com/708636d

I wonder if they've replaced the original one?

dust collector.jpg

I took my remote apart and cleaned the dust out. I assume you thought about that. I keep it in a baggie now after cleaning it twice. Mine is just 110 vac. from a big box store.

I have three of these controlling different things in my shop. Other than a lightening strike taking out one of the switches I have had no trouble and they are way cheaper. One of them turns my DC on and off, a 30 amp machine. I had to use the remote with a ~$15 contactor for the DC. I know it says the remote can switch 40 amps but I did not believe it.

I believe this is the second one I've used. The first one was trouble and was replaced by Jet. I just wondered if they've given up on that remote and gone to a more simple system.

I built my own using the instructions someone posted here in Sawmill Creek. Was fairly simple and run about $50 with three remote buttons. Got the parts from Amazon. My dust collector runs on 220v. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Baldwin View Post
    I built my own using the instructions someone posted here in Sawmill Creek. Was fairly simple and run about $50 with three remote buttons. Got the parts from Amazon. My dust collector runs on 220v. Jim
    Any chance you can post a link to the instructions you are referring to? Maybe you are referring to the post in this thread by Robert Hayward?

This the Youtube video I followed. Was easy to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB5boYLPFdU

This the remote unit that I bought and I bought one extra hand held unit. (clicker)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works quite good. Jim
    Last edited by James Baldwin; 03-22-2023 at 6:39 PM.

Thanks James.

To wrap up my situation, I took it apart and lightly blew it out which was suggested and it's back working. The one I'd shown and ordered from Amazon has been sent back. If I need a change the video provided will be the way I go. Thank you all for so much help.