Thread: Marco Awards, does anyone have a 2019 or older catalog?

Marco Awards, does anyone have a 2019 or older catalog?

I have a weird problem- In the past I've bought a specific red aluminum, only twice, last time in 2019-

First time was from a place nearby that's gone out of business, their name for the color was 'tomato red'--

Second time I got it from Marco Awards, I still have 2-1/2 sheets, on the back is
    a production date (I'm assuming) and the words "DARK RED".

I have a customer who's ordered placards in this material, about every 3-4 years, as it's close to "their" color--

Problem is, got a new order, I need about 1 dozen sheets total, and NO ONE that I've found on the net
    sells anything but 'Red'...

Marco's catalogs haven't changed much, this is the current catalog, and the page where they sell what I'm looking for,
    and I've circled in green the current colors--
    Marco alum page.jpg
    --no "Dark Red"

Couple of pics of the sheets themselves--
    darkrednotfxd.jpg dark redfxd.jpg
    --It's not glossy, 'semi-gloss' is my description, and it's not particularly 'dark', not sure why they
    called it that to be honest- not sure of what you're seeing from my pic, but it's particularly 'red'
    either, there's definitely some orange in it, and it's a near dead match for my customer's needs..

All I want with an older catalog is to verify I'm not losing my mind! -I'm just asking if someone
    can check an older catalog to see if Dark Red was actually a color listed in their older catalogs...
    if so, my customer may have to have some aluminum custom painted--

OR, should anyone know where to get this orange-y red material, that would be good too!

Thanks in advance!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev

Have you tried Main Trophy? https://maintrophysupply.com/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Yup, and Trophy Kits, Engravers Depot, US Awards, PDU, Gravotech, etc... most places have 'glossy red', 'cherry red' or just plain 'red'... based on pics, roughly the same color as a Solo cup, maybe a bit lighter, but all are devoid of the hint of orange I need... Can't use anodized or flat-colored aluminum either; painted or powdercoated, semi-gloss or glossy...

I don't think what I have, and need more of, is available anymore, at least not in this country...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev,

Just found an old 2017 Marco cat. and on page 38 there is list of part numbers for opaque colors but no actual color chart.
    For red opaque part # is H114-17. At bottom of listing it says Available only Georgia only.

Hope this helps.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software