Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drone delievery wholly crap batman

drone delievery wholly crap batman

I guess drone guys are aware of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWDNBu9DkU

Wow! impressive, I had no idea.

Very impressive, when I first heard about drones being used for deliveries I was skeptical but the Zipline delivery system for remote hospitals is genius.

I just ordered a lift of red oak. Should be here in an hour.

Blog Entries
    I have been looking for an opportunity to show off my Nephews chops flying a drone. I think this company may need him.

Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Very impressive, when I first heard about drones being used for deliveries I was skeptical but the Zipline delivery system for remote hospitals is genius.
    That’s exactly what I thought. Thanks, Warren, for posting this.

I have to wonder if it can be cost effective. Maybe for high dollar items, but then the aerial pirates will have figured out how to snatch them out of the sky.

Great one about the Ukrainians and Russian tanks.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I have to wonder if it can be cost effective. Maybe for high dollar items, but then the aerial pirates will have figured out how to snatch them out of the sky.
    I'm having a hard time picturing air piracy being effective here. They would have to know what was being delivered was worth stealing. OTOH, maybe rouge ZIP pirate drones will patrol porches and drop down to steal peoples lunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    I just ordered a lift of red oak. Should be here in an hour.
    hahaha... that is great!
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

I was impressed watching the video and sent the link to several friends. Today, one of them sent me a reply showing that U of M here in Michigan will start using this service to deliver medicines next year in one of the metro counties.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...e/70013061007/

Grubhub has started using these to deliver food around campus over at Notre Dame. It's kind of weird watching them scurry around.

Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Thay are at U of Tenn too. I’ve watched them waiting “patiently” at crosswalks until traffic is clear, and going up a sidewalk, suddenly halting for a moment when encountering slower walkers.

I'd love to see a video of them delivering food.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Savemart here had those for several years. They got bought out by some hedge fund and got rid of the robots. It was all from one store and about a three mile range.
    I saw a homeless guy beating on one to open it and then a cop pulled up behind him. I also saw a homeless guy towing one away behind his bike on a trailer. I assume they radio for help when attacked and have GPS to direct the cops.
    Bill D

Amazing!

The pessimist in me says don't overestimate the American public. What will happen when some drunk jackass decides to grab the zip cable and play tug of war with the drone? Maybe they'll design a breakaway connector or something like that?
    Or some drone owner decides he wants to have a drone-off between his drone and the delivery drone. Or a more innocent situation like a kid flying a kite that tangles up the drone.

Like the video says, maybe they'll be expecting situations like these and course correct as they go. And if they've mostly eliminated the risk of serious injury, it sounds okay to me to learn from the mishaps.