Thread: Ebay search "or' function not working

Ebay search "or' function not working

I am trying to do a logical search on ebay fopr some 2x overalls. for the make and size I want, 2xl gives 98 results. Searching with (2xl,2x,xx) only returns 60.
    Their logic is screwed up. the three terms should yield at least 98 results or more.
    Bill D

Just search for overalls. When you find the ones you want, then pick the size.

Blog Entries
    I like the fit of Dickies painter pants.

They do have some overalls > https://www.dickies.com/mens-clothin...ize&prefv1=2XL < and free shipping.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

search engines within most retail websites do not work the way you expect because the vendors are selling ads and product placement to 3rd parties and suppliers.

Try this search in google:
    site:ebay.com 2x overalls -women
    Last edited by Rich Konopka; 03-23-2023 at 6:39 AM.

Try this search in google:
    site:ebay.com 2x overalls -women[/QUOTE]

My point is this will not find 2xl or xx or xxl, or twox or twoxl unless I do six seperate searches.
    This applies to general searches for say a table saw. I see them listed under drillpress and drill press. Some times they have category for brands and sometime no brand choice allowed. What if I have six brands I would be willing to consider. Do I need to do 12 searches?
    Sand paper disks or sandpaper discs? etc.
    Bill D

Try using Google to do the search. From the Google home enter site:ebay.com, space then your search terms. Sometimes it works better than the ebay search. No warranty!