Thread: Cherry blossoms have started to bloom in Tokyo

Cherry blossoms have started to bloom in Tokyo

https://weathernews.jp/s/topics/202303/130085/
    Cherry blossoms have started to bloom in Tokyo, earlier than other parts of Japan. Feb. 14, 2023
    Along with 2020 and 21, it was the fastest in observation history.
    It will be in full bloom in about a week.
    https://youtu.be/2HQ9D8NXiIU

I have visited Tokyo quite a few times and was fortunate to be there once while they were blooming. It was.a warm day and all the trees were blooming. It was an amazing sight and people were beginning to celebrate.

Thanks kiyoshi, they're also blooming in Washington DC, a gift from Japan if I recall correctly.

with webcam
    BLOOM WATCH - National Cherry Blossom Festival
    Last edited by Mike Soaper; 03-18-2023 at 8:35 AM.
    Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland

Blog Entries
    Our Yoshino Cherry in the front yard is just starting to wake up. It is in decline and not in the best spot. I am going to try to transplant a root sucker and plant it further from the house so the tree can live on when its parent becomes wood.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Our fruiting cherry, weeping cherry, j.cherry, peach, pear. and blueberries are all in full bloom as are many other flowering plants, and apple trees are budding. My honey bees have had many “field days”. I could hear them from 50’ away.

But now forecasts are for temps 8 to 11 degrees F below freezing the next 3 nights. The only plants I can cover are the blueberries.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Our fruiting cherry, weeping cherry, j.cherry, peach, pear. and blueberries are all in full bloom as are many other flowering plants, and apple trees are budding. My honey bees have had many “field days”. I could hear them from 50’ away.

But now forecasts are for temps 8 to 11 degrees F below freezing the next 3 nights. The only plants I can cover are the blueberries.

JKJ
    I had that situation last year and lost a lot, many early buds just couldn't tolerate the cold snap.