Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: firefox contact

firefox contact

The other day I tried to find contact at Firefox and wasnt getting there by the end had found an area where you report problems.

I've been using Bell email for a few months and the keyboard constantly locks up when i back space. Today Bell looked at a few things and decided the issue is firefox. I thought about it and tried the library pulled up the page typed on my mail on their computer and sure enough it locked up numerous times. Have to put the cursor back to continue. They had another browser Microsoft edge so used that went to the page perfect no locking up.

Bell was right issue with the browser. Does anyone have an easy way to contact them, owners home phone number would be good? Don't have the patience tonight but will look again tomorrow.

You can access the help function through the firefox menu (the 3 flat bars at the upper right). If you select help and then get help, you'll get to the support page where you can see if others have your issue, or report a new issue.

Firefox used to use the backspace key for navigation (it took you to previous page or site) but that has been disabled for a while. I suppose they may have messed something up when they made that change....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

What version FF are you using?
    MENU - HELP - About FF
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

dont remember the number but bell took me there maybe 11.1 or something he said its latest version also said how many ad on do you have i had no idea we checked and non. Up till christmas was using outlook for the email and it was fine for the most part search function not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    You can access the help function through the firefox menu (the 3 flat bars at the upper right). If you select help and then get help, you'll get to the support page where you can see if others have your issue, or report a new issue.

Firefox used to use the backspace key for navigation (it took you to previous page or site) but that has been disabled for a while. I suppose they may have messed something up when they made that change....
    Nah, the backspace still works. You just have to go into advanced settings (about:config). Ignore the you might break it warning and search for backspace. You'll find "browser.backspace_action. The default number is 2, click on the line and change the number from 2 to 0. Backspace will now work like you're used to.

I was given a different type in for the email and first seemed to work then second time made no difference. One thing its intermittent. When I tested from the library first email the backspace worked then three more and it locked up on all as I was typing every time. How can it be intermittent rather than work or not work at all.

Soon as i changed browsers it was fine on several emails. I also changed from the old white microsoft keyboards to two different models of red dragons a month ago just to be sure but it made no difference but they are are nicer to use and still want to try one where you choose the switches etc. Wasd maybe.

Thanks Curt will try that later on hope it works, rather just stay on firefox for now. Only way I saw around it was to type in word then just insert that in the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    I was given a different type in for the email and first seemed to work then second time made no difference. One thing its intermittent. When I tested from the library first email the backspace worked then three more and it locked up on all as I was typing every time. How can it be intermittent rather than work or not work at all.

Soon as i changed browsers it was fine on several emails. I also changed from the old white microsoft keyboards to two different models of red dragons a month ago just to be sure but it made no difference but they are are nicer to use and still want to try one where you choose the switches etc. Wasd maybe.

Thanks Curt will try that later on hope it works, rather just stay on firefox for now. Only way I saw around it was to type in word then just insert that in the email.
    You can always just move the cursor in front of what you want to delete and use the delete key instead of the backspace key...
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

yeah slow compared to using the backspace key and after a ton of years, I could also slow down when I type that would help fewer mistakes.

further on this issue ive gone to the library and used firefox to get to the web mail and typed some emails first one fine second one locked up maybe seven times. So stop put the cursor there then carry on. Lady there tried it locked on her she runs the computer stuff and was surprised. Home later I used MS Edge to get to the webmail. typed several emails and it didnt lock up one time. Then used firefox to get to webmail, typed several emails fast and backspace didnt lock up one time. I figured they changed something on their end. Later on it did lock up and i had got there using firefox.

Ill switch to getting there with Edge and its looking like really there is no issue when I do, yet firefox there is an issue. We proved past my you tubes were locking and that was with firefox then going there in Edge they worked fine.

I dont understand this stuff but would have thought you only use the browser to get where you are going and once on the site say the email you are free of it but I guess thats not how it works. If I can type 20 or 30 emails having got there from Edge and no backspace lock ups then it will prove firefox and the web mail are not getting along. Ill also go to the library and try the web mail again but get use Edge to get to the webmail. If it doesnt lock there then that will second that my lock ups are firefox related or at least the two of them working together.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 05-20-2023 at 6:06 PM.

Warren, what you could try is to run Firefox in trouble shooting mode. If you have menus enabled it's under "help". Using the 3 horizontal lines (hamburger) menu, 'help' is near the bottom of the window. I find that fixes many Firefox glitches.

thanks ill look late tonight I just started to type an email and it locked by the fifth word then a few more times on two sentences. Compare a few days ago now where I shot off two emails typed at warp speed and it didnt lock once leading me to email Exec office and say they changed a setting on their end. The ironly on this is when I first started to use it about 5 months ago I called in and a tech said they had an issue and were working on it and he knew that is why I called. Now the attitude is stop using firefox and they do have a point we proved the You tube was hanging up first firefox you tube would hand up for 10 seconds at times, so went to you tube same computer win 7 and it ran much better getting there with Edge. Then went to windows 10 and tried firefox to get there and Edge and t hat ran the best Edge and Win 10. Should have tried LInux, the keyboard hangs up just the same on Linux if you go to web mail via firefox. I can type here or any forum and its never ever hung up on backspace so that is the only place that does it. Ill and find what you said thanks

I went into settings and looked around then into problems and looked at different things. I could be in there for hours. No where did I see a way to contact a human. J

Just typed and email and it locked 10 times in two or three lines. as much as Id prefer to use it Edge works perfectly and Im not up to wasting more time in computer land. Its not my thing, its like trying to read a doctors hand writing to me.

Should have had kids then I could ask them to do it.

Edge has a bunch of built in Safeguards and Microsoft keeps those updated. I use Thunderbird for emails as I hate the Ads in Outlook and no I am not paying for Office just to use Outlook!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

last night responded to some emails and when I looked at the inbox the emails I responded to where gone. Three letters. I check deleted and new issue its sending emails to the delete folder if you respond to someone. I call and have a talk guy says we upgraded and are having issues great some of those important I dont lose them I try to drag them from deleted to Inbox put them back and wont do it. Im typing away and this post was likelyi for the locking up backspace and after all the time found out using firefox to get to the server web mail was the issues as edge was fine. Got the you are using windows 7 laugh and and I dont care. So as I type now last hours as on the server there is a red line under the word till its completed that was more like Edge it did that and blue line for something else.

They changed the tool bar and liked it better as it was cant even find attach insert is crappy outlook 2007 blew this away.

but the reason for this post, the backspace lock up and the red line typing on that web mail now there is zero lock up. No I can now type fast and when it was locking up sometimes insane amount like 10 times in two lines or less now its not locked up once on backspace. Even today they said use Edge or chrome and they tell everyone that, I just emailed exec office and told them its clear they have fixed back space issue as im on 7 and firefox the two things they said to stop. now if they can just fix the stuff they messed up. Did ask a friend about thunderbird but when I can see the computer wizard again ill ask him to set up 2007 outlook again other than the search function having problems a known thing it worked simple and easy and could do everything I needed and more.

"we upgraded" = you will now have some new problems. will see how long these last but happy and thanked them that they fixed the backspace issue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    dont remember the number but bell took me there maybe 11.1 or something he said its latest version also said how many ad on do you have i had no idea we checked and non. Up till christmas was using outlook for the email and it was fine for the most part search function not perfect.
    Firefox is a web browser not an email application. The latest Firefox version is 114.0.2 If you want a good email program use Thunderbird which is made by the same group Mozilla Corporation. You can contact them on the web via: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-faq

Incidently, backspace works perfectly well in both Firefox and Thunderbird.

Mozilla is headquartered in San Francisco, 2 Harrison St #700, San Francisco, United States, and has 6 office locations.

How do I contact Mozilla?
    Click Get help. Click Contact support. Complete the Support Contact form, where you'll be asked to provide your email address and additional information about your problem. Click Submit to complete your request.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute